Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How big is a Versacamm really?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Barry, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    I know several people have been looking at this machine and none of the photos on the web seem to show just how large this machine is. I was really supprised the first time I demod this machine.

This is my machine the day it was delevered (About 2 weeks ago).

[​IMG]

I do have to say this is a pretty awesome machine. It has printed on just about everything I put through it.

Tags:
  2. rsantos97

rsantos97 Member

May 25, 2004
    That looks huge compared to the pics I've seen. I am going to be ordering mine this week. Thanks for showing what its actual size is.

:cool1:

3. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    That is definitely a lot bigger than I had envisioned, too. So how do you like it so far? I am considering the possibility of getting one of these, but I've also been told that a laminator is of utmost importance regardless what the MFG says about durability. Did you get a laminator as well? What software are you running with it?

4. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    So far its a great printer and has handled everything Ive thrown at it. Print quality is good, it prints on most any vinyl you put through it, and prints are supprisingly more durible than I expected.

I have not picked up a laminator yet, but its in the works. Lamination is necessary for anything you want to last long term on a car. The one thing that will really kill these prints is solvents of any type. Currently anything Im selling is either domed or the customer is made aware of the weekness.

As of now im using Corel Draw and Rolands Color Rip. Again seems to work pretty well.

5. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Wow!

How exciting!!! I think my people are going to put me off another year on getting ours. My boss was not happy that we would also need a laminator.

How long does it take for the prints to dry? Are you printing at the highest resolution? How well is it printing Jpegs or Tiffs?? PLEASE post some pics!!!

Someone throw me a valium...LP

6. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    Print dry time depends on the material you are printing on. Normally prints are dry to the touch in a few minutes. The heater helps prints dry much quicker.

Most stuff Im printing at 720 dpi which is plenty good. Photos I print at 1440x720. Photo quality is as good as desktop photo printers about 3-4 years ago.

Here is a pic of a couple pieces of coroplast I was sticking decals too. Dont worry I dont sell that stuff, I was just playing around with the machine... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    I'm feeling nippily...

:biggrin:
    :thankyou:

8. rsantos97

rsantos97 Member

May 25, 2004
    Wow, the quality looks great.

9. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Barry, how far away from the computer can the VersaCamm be? It's a USB, right? Is the cord really long...could you buy a longer one? I don't know where I'm going to put it in this shop. Looks like something will have to go.

I'm putting the pressure on to get mine. Trying to get all the ins and outs together for the money man.

Thanks!
    LP

10. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    I believe 10 foot is the limit..

11. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    :thankyou:

12. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    I'm feeling nippily... too, too funny. Ya made my day- can't stop grinnin' Gene

13. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    LP said
    Well let's hope is something and not someone. :cool:

14. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Now that you mention it...

If I could get rid of Phil...half the junk in here would go too...hmmmm

A) An old bulky pattern rack. We don't use the patterns any longer. We could whittle them down to 10 and put 'em in a drawer. This thing takes up the whole corner.

B) Don't be impressed...the mags are "Country Living".

C) The "Stuff we never use" Shelf.

D & E) Phil's "Space".

:rolleyes:

Attached Files: