• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How big is your shop sq.ft ceiling ht etc?

Typestries

whatever you do make it bigger than you think need if you have plans to grow. Even if you overbuild and leave part unfinished or better yet lease out part to cover your nut. Down the line when you need the space, you will have it. When I bought this place 8 years ago I drooled over the space, now we're tripping over each other and space and 10' x 10' door size limitations are holding us back. And yes it's clean, and we don't keep crap around we dont use because we just cant. I'd be blessed to find 10k sq feet tomorrow. Arrgh my daily aggravation.

Service Sign Co

I built a 1,200 sq ft bldg.9' ceilings 7'x 11' wide roll up door.It was a big as the city would let me.4 desk with an edge 15'' plotter 4 PC'S 64''&30''plotters & material storage easily fit into a 24' x 12' clean area.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
3000sqft shop 10ft high, 1 rollup in back (mostly for production), Hwy frontage.
5000sqft warehouse behind above building. 18' high with 14' rollup. Used for storage, large projects, wraps, toys, wifes junk etc...

additional 5000sqft shop across town almost empty waiting for lease to expire end of may.(old location)

Environment is important and you can kill yourself heating and cooling an oversized building. Our previous location was so difficult to keep climate controlled and it affected everything from printing consistency to thread breaks(embroidery).

P

ProWraps™

14' door. 18 or 20' ceiling i think. works great (tall enough to make changing bulbs in the ballasts a complete pain in the you know what). if you plan on doing wraps, opt for the 14' door minimum.

Thanks everyone for your replies and there seems to be all shapes and sizes, this will help me in my planning. Have a great Easter.

M

MANNING

9' Ceilings in the production room work fine. We have a 10' roll up door. It was here when we bought the place. Way to small!!

signmeup

Office - 11 x 14. Shop - 18 x 28 (500 square feet), 8 foot ceilings 8'x8' door (2 side hinged 4' doors) I work out in the parking lot...a lot. Laugh if you want but it's paid for...

stickygraphics12

I have 3 rooms but my main room is 25x45, 12' ceilings. I just moved in on Saturday. My main reason for moving to this shop is my rent is $250! I'm on the main street in my town. I couldn't pass this offer up!

high impact

1,344 sq ft with 16'6" ceiling height. One 12'x14' overhead door and a very small showroom, I think it is 8'x14'ish. ;-) I need about double this space even though we are having our slowest year to date. We have a ton of inventory and equipment taking up all the room.