• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How 'bout

astro8

I've been reading Jill's posts about her crazies and I thought I'd start my own....all this stuff happened to me (and a lot more) over the years...
things have improved, but I think it may be only because I'm not on site painting signs these days. Got any of your own?

How 'bout you're up on a scaffold painting a sign and next thing a hairy arsed naked man is climbing your scaffold trying to escape the police and an angry mob.

How 'bout you're up on a scaffold painting a sign and someone calling himself John Cougar Mellencamp with 50 plastic bags down the front of his pants and no shirt is trying to push your scaffold over with you on it.

How 'bout you're painting a sign and save someone from being killed in traffic running down the highway barefoot, going to a fire because he thinks he's a fire engine, complete with blowing an harmonica imitating a siren.

How 'bout you're painting a sign (on a scaffold again) and next minute the ceiling above you opens up and someone falls through it.

How 'bout you are painting a sign on a scaffold and a driverless car is coming straight at you and all you can do is look on in bewilderment.

How 'bout you are painting a sign on a shopfront on planks and ladders and a bus takes you out and you land 12' below on the road, on your feet, still with brush, paintpot and mahlstick in hand and not spill a drop.

How 'bout you are painting a sign and a crazy attacks you from behind, fight ensues and then there is teeth out all over the pavement.
Fight stops, I realise I still have my teeth (thinking they are mine for one horrifying moment) fight resumes until police arrive and he charges you with assault.

How 'bout I save some for another day.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Remind me never to go out on a job with you...... sheesh !!

We had the pleasure of a woman from Australia in our home for Christmas this year and she told us of similar stories about the natives of her homeland. You people sure are a weird bunch.

Jillbeans

How 'bout you not using a scaffold anymore?
Heck even I don't have those kind of crazy things.
You just made my life seem brighter somehow!
Love....Jill

weaselboogie

Ditto on the scaffolding too...!!! You might want to look into getting a bucket truck... Sounds like all of your problems stem from your cursed set of scaffolding. Did you buy them from a witch doctor or something?

Jillbeans

I have a pic of me painting on a scaffold when I was about 8 months pregnant with my belly sticking out.
The worst thing that ever happened to me while on a scissors lift was being propositioned by a lesbian with green teeth and a fried perm wearing a torn yellowed wife beater over a stained stretched out bra.
It was one of those jobs which company policy stated their employee had to run the lift.
Second worst was being up on a shed roof on three sections of scaffolding attached to a barn and my buddy Bill beside me jumping up and down to "break me in".

astro8

Yeah, there's something about scaffolds that make people want to climb or push them over...maybe some deep rooted yearning for monkey bars we used to play on as kids in the parks...

All I know, if you're out on the streets of Sydney, especially painting a sign, you'll get every crazy in a 5 mile radius find you. Either want to fight you, talk the ears off you or be 'best mates'.

John L

I had some kids mess with the lower controls once when I was up about 40' in a basket. I threw a big wrench pretty hard and the punk was lucky I missed. Well we always lock the lower control box now or take along a ground helper.

Another time I was working on a big Arby's sign. The boom moved up and down a little. Freaked me out. I looked down and the helper is trying to get me to look at some chick going into Arby's. I should have killed him... but... Your Fired.

The only scaffold story I have is when I was building my shop. Three sections up bolting pieces together and my son's rather large bulldog quietly chews the rubber off one of the wheels.

3dsignco

We have one here Named Scotty,, Walks around with a Standard Home based Handset. (Cord still dangling) Talking to God. We never question him just in case he is.

gnatt66

whenever i see any aussie posts on here, i imagine them as they just walked off the set of

"welcome to woop woop" - one of my top ten movies ever.

the OP isnt helping change my mind..haha.

BobM

I would rather deal with Jill's lesbian friend than fighting my way thru a sign on a scaffold in Sydney.

weaselboogie

We have one here Named Scotty,, Walks around with a Standard Home based Handset. (Cord still dangling) Talking to God. We never question him just in case he is.

On my last mural project (outdoors on a scaffolding.... :rolleyes: ) a daily visitor was a guy claiming that he WAS god. ( he wasn't on the phone though... maybe it was an earclip)

Pat Whatley

I had a guy one day tell me and a co-worker to hurry up because he was supposed to steal our scaffolding as soon as we got down. We laughed it off until he went and found a shady spot to wait. When lunchtime rolled around we had to break it down and take it with us for fear he'd actually steal it.