• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can i do i firmware update, via copact flash and adaptor? Please Help

steeley04

I have a 62" mutoh rockhopper , I blew the main board , so i bought a replacement board but it was from a 38" model, i now get the error code 070 yencoder, I bought a flash adaptor to fit the main board, a 4gb compact flash card and a usb adaptor to suit the flash card, i have downloaded the firmware and paremiter files from a mutoh site, but when i put the adaptor into the printer i just get the black squares on the printer display pannel,
If anyone could offer any help i would really appreciate it, as this is a big problem for me . :banghead:

WildWestDesigns

I can't help much specifically with the Mutoh printer, but one thing that I have learned when dealing with CF cards is that sometimes the machine is very particular with what type and how much memory it can handle. Some like the older technology of the early gen CF cards and no more then XXX MBs (that's right, MBs, not GBs.) I know my older embroidery machines were that way. Same goes sometimes with those that have USB inputs.

I would make sure everything is kosher there. It might be, but that would be something that I would make sure if you haven't already.

steeley04

Thanks for the info, good piont about the size of the compact flash card , the one i have is 4gb, i just had a look at the propper flash cards a company called digi print supplies sell and they are 4mb.
I will post back here if i make any progress. Thanks