• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I get a PEARL Colour

Hielorojo

Helio there, I need print PEARL(ot the most accurate) color with my Gerber, somebody knows how can get it? is there any spot Pearl Colour? what mix of Spot Colors are the correct to get it?
Thank you in advance.

spooledUP7

It's been a long time since I asked the same question with Zero Nine. At that time it didn't exist, but maybe now it does. The only way I know of now is to get a pearl lam.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Pearl, much like candy apple, is a process not a color. You can't print them because they don't exist. They're the result of a base coat and layers of clear. In the case of pearl [in the past at least] the base coat was made from ground up fish scales. If memory serves. Probably something synthetic now. Candy colors have a metallic base coat. In both cases the particles of the base coats sort of stand on edge rather than lay flat. The sufficient layers of clear coat, tinted if need be, is added to give it depth and the right color. I'm not at all certain what the process is for modern production autos but if you put one next to a real pearl paint job there's a distinct difference.

AKwrapguy

Helio there, I need print PEARL(ot the most accurate) color with my Gerber, somebody knows how can get it? is there any spot Pearl Colour? what mix of Spot Colors are the correct to get it?
Thank you in advance.

I think that gerber makes a pearl like foil and/or over lam that you can use to achieve something close to what your looking for.

burgmurk

Thank you mate, is a good idea but I need it for a Tank Motorbike Decal and I can not laminate it. I will try print one Silver Lacquer over Orange layer.......

From GAC05's link: "The vinyl is extremely conformable making it suitable for use on smooth and contoured surfaces."
Sounds like you CAN laminate, and it's probably the best option you have, that or print on a pearl vinyl. There's plenty of brands doing pearl-ish laminates and/or coloured vinyl...