• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I get my Summa S160T to cut what I print on my EFI Rastek UV printer?

IvanDD

Right now I'm using caldera for everything, however Caldera cant or wont talk to my EFI Rastek. How would one go about printing registration marks using the Rastek that the summa will recognize. I understand EFI Fiery has a cut marks option, but I've also heard that the Winplot extension for Illustrator might get the job done too... and for free!

Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ivan

IvanDD

probably start by getting winplot, adding the reg marks in illy, output to caldera and print, try cutting from winplot

Do you know where I can find some information on what exactly winplot does and how it works with caldera? I'm not really finding any specific information. Thank you very much!

edit. I totally understand winplot now. But if anyone has any information on it working with Caldera, that would be great!

J Hill Designs

i dont think it works with caldera. but you can (i believe) add the reg marks to the illy file, then output for the caldera (using your method: pdf, eps, whatever)

then cut from illy using winplot

IvanDD

i dont think it works with caldera. but you can (i believe) add the reg marks to the illy file, then output for the caldera (using your method: pdf, eps, whatever)

then cut from illy using winplot

Okay. I learned a lot in the last few hours. Got everything going great EXCEPT that when i send to cut, it says opos markers not found. Its not even trying to look for them either! The error returns immediately upon pressing the send to cutter button.

Ive read that over 48 inches may lead to problems depending on how up to date your software is, so ive got the print size at 23x5 inches and like i said its not even attempting to scan for the opos marker before it gives the error.

IvanDD

Okay. I learned a lot in the last few hours. Got everything going great EXCEPT that when i send to cut, it says opos markers not found. Its not even trying to look for them either! The error returns immediately upon pressing the send to cutter button.

Ive read that over 48 inches may lead to problems depending on how up to date your software is, so ive got the print size at 23x5 inches and like i said its not even attempting to scan for the opos marker before it gives the error.

issue was that I was removing the layer of reg marks in illustrator before I sent to winplot. The reg marks need to be there along with the cut paths.