• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can i install a sign on this store front?

signking559

Hello, i have been making signs for a couple years now and usually have a guy i know install them for me ,but he has moved...and i never learned how to install signs on building like this as far as a non-illuminated cabinet , MDO, or even some foam signage....is there a book or is this something you learn hands on?....i really appreciate your time to read my post and if you any advice or direction i can go it would be most helpful

Thank you
Ruben M.

Attachments

• small paw.jpg
    small paw.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 163

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It will depend on what type of material you are going to use.
I would do a search here on the forum for french cleat to get started.

wayne k
guam usa

skyhigh

so many ways to go.

If I knew of a book, I'd definately share that info with you. As for the picture you posted, I would bet that building has an access panel, either above the store's drop ceiling, or an access door above the sidewalk.

Get up there and check it out. Good luck.

signking559

Thank you guys SO MUCH ! for the quick responses....Yes i knew it would depend on the type of signage. I was thinking foam and just becuase it's lightweight and i know i can use adhesive to attach it to a wall. But most people want them cabinets and i do have my business licence.I just usually stay away from these type's of installs i was just curious of the different types of installs on this type of surface.I have had good luck working with foam.Here's a sign i just finished, it's hand cut and carved as well as painted.

Attachments

• finished rob small.jpg
    finished rob small.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

signking559

do what most of the people i talk to do....

call a sign guy :)
I understand, but i want to be the signguy...and without having to work in a shop just to steal sign install knowledge and then leave after a year or so'....i dont think thats right!...but at the sametime i would like to START learning the install aspect of the sign business...And it's not like there are signtrade schools all over the place that i can attend...but your advice steers me away from the topic of my post...but i do appreciate your time and response

Thank you

signking559

3M makes a good product
...I dont understand how a forum a "GROWN MEN"...can take the time to find a sarcastic picture to insult my thread'....and yet not offer ANY REAL ADVICE...But as i see your profile pic has a couple of occult symbols in it so i can see the source of your immorality....

Thank you for time,

ProWraps

...I dont understand how a forum a "GROWN MEN"...can take the time to find a sarcastic picture to insult my thread'....and yet not offer ANY REAL ADVICE...But as i see your profile pic has a couple of occult symbols in it so i can see the source of your immorality....

Thank you for time,

DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Locals Find!

Thank you for time,

The pic your insulting their. Is in support of a Person many on here look up too and gladly call friend who has been having a rough time of it lately. You may not want to step on those toes.

signking559

The pic your insulting their. Is in support of a Person many on here look up too and gladly call friend who has been having a rough time of it lately. You may not want to step on those toes.
....I understand and have compassion towards any suffering someone is going thru'...BUT I DID NOT MENTION PERCY OR HIS HARDTIMES'...if you a do brief study of the sword and serpent you will learn its of its pagan descent. as well as the cross with the "halo"..its not the cross' cross you know what i mean...but i do know most people are not aware of that....so if you think the sword and serpent represent "medicine"...then so be it....and to anybody i DID NOT mean to disrespect "percy"....but you can see how that one persons childish response to MY thread can trigger an event of misconseption....I simply asked for advice and help...you do know of the druid's and mason's right?

letterman7

That's a Dryvit surface. Like Skyhigh said, there is going to be an access panel either on the sidewalk side or from in the storefront to that soffit. There usually is a panel of plywood behind dryvit, but not always. If there is, you're good to go with long deck screws as long as the sign is very light. If there isn't... long studs backed with very wide washers lightly tightened should do the trick. You'll need someone in the soffit to do that, obviously!

signking559

...Crazy glue works great on that type of surface....
....oh really?..is that what you use?.......do you think it will support 36x96 100lb. sign ?....economy got people in bad moods huh'.....you guy's are somthing else on here... it starting to look like i worn out my welcome....
To the people who offered me genuine help thank you and god bless you...

seattlesignguy

You need to know what is behind the stuco... I would use dibond as the sign face over foam and mount with french cleat and anchor accordingly with proper mounting hardware, use silicone in holes to hold sign in place.

signking559

That's a Dryvit surface. Like Skyhigh said, there is going to be an access panel either on the sidewalk side or from in the storefront to that soffit. There usually is a panel of plywood behind dryvit, but not always. If there is, you're good to go with long deck screws as long as the sign is very light. If there isn't... long studs backed with very wide washers lightly tightened should do the trick. You'll need someone in the soffit to do that, obviously!
Thank you so much Honestly it means alot i know these are tricks and tips that provide you guys your living.and you dont just tell anyone but i truly am in love with the sign business.

ProWraps

....oh really?..is that what you use?.......do you think it will support 36x96 100lb. sign ?....economy got people in bad moods huh'.....you guy's are somthing else on here... it starting to look like i worn out my welcome....
To the people who offered me genuine help thank you and god bless you...

i think he meant it might help you if you pour it in a bag, insert said bag over head, and breath deeply.