• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I recreate the starbust like gradient on this...

bendeane

Got this PPT slide from a client and he wants a poster of it. Any thoughts on how to create that starbust like gradient? I am not an illustrator pro, but can hold my own...just need a little guidance from time to time.

Thanks,
Ben

Attachments

• triangle.jpg
    triangle.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 102

bendeane

I wouldn't even know what to search for in the tutorials...I would have figured Illy'd be the ticket for this...

Circleville Signs

That's for sure going to be a photoshop effect. Too much transparency and gradient use to be a vector application. You're gonna have to do some research on this one.

I can do it, but it isn't easy, and I don't have time to write a tutorial :)

bendeane

How do you describe the effect?

What would you even call this visually? All I can think off is like a gradient starburst type thingy. If I can dig around for it, I might have some luck finding a tutorial, but I wouldn't even know what to call it.

signmeup

This is a bunch of white drop shadows broken from their objects made in Corel. It's not identicle to your image but it may be close enough.

Attachments

• Burst.jpg
    Burst.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 77

bendeane

A little more clarity from me and much thanks...

I probably should have clarified a bit that I was just trying to come close, but thank you so much for the direction you all gave me.

What I ended up doing, I did in Illy. I took the original graphic and outlined a rough shape of the burst. I then put an outer glow effect on that shape and expanded the appearance separating the effect from the object. I just pasted the resulting object (formally the effect) into the new Illustration and gave it a good helping of opacity. Not exact, but pretty close.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Ben

Attachments

• Triangle-of-Excellence.jpg
    Triangle-of-Excellence.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 103

Tony McD

In Corel, you can give the box a gradient fill, and set it to "conical" in the fountain fill box. Probably about the same thing in illustrator.

signgirl71

I don't use illy either but I do this look in Corel all the time. I change a solid background to a bitmap and use the camera filter with the lens flare effect and adjust the rays, flares and brightness. Quick and easy.

signmeup

I don't use illy either but I do this look in Corel all the time. I change a solid background to a bitmap and use the camera filter with the lens flare effect and adjust the rays, flares and brightness. Quick and easy.
Wow! That works great! You should have mentioned it was in photopaint though. It has way more options than photoshop. I'm really surprised to say that.

Attachments

• flare.jpg
    flare.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 62