• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I

rcook99

edit a bitmap in corel? For some reason my "edit bitmap" works fine but goes to microsoft paint instead of opening in Photo Paint and I can not figure out how to change it. Can anyone help me out with this?

Shovelhead

PhotoPaint: Tools/Options/Global/Associate.......
check CPT (Corel PHOTO-PAINT Image)
restart

If that doesn't work.....then do a Corel "repair" install.

rcook99

Thanks for the help but it won't stay checked when I OK the option and the window closes. Once I reopen the tool/option/global/associate..... it shows that it is unchecked. So I am not sure why it won't stay checked. Is there a default setting for the workspace to reset it to the original X-3 layout, if that is not available I will have to do a repair install.

It use to be in the Launch icon dropdown menu also and its no longer there!

Shovelhead

Thanks for the help but it won't stay checked when I OK the option and the window closes. Once I reopen the tool/option/global/associate..... it shows that it is unchecked. So I am not sure why it won't stay checked. Is there a default setting for the workspace to reset it to the original X-3 layout, if that is not available I will have to do a repair install.

A repair install with revert back to default settings.
Caution: not positive how it will effect Corel's SP1 or other updates.

Find the file you want and right click it. Go to "open with". Click once on Corel Photopaint. Then find the check box at the bottom that says "open all files of this type with this program?" and check it. Then Photopaint will be your default bitmap editor.

Jackpine

In Corel select the bitmap. Go to drop down menu "bitmap" and click on edit bitmap. Corel Paint will open that image in paint. When done editing save and go back to draw and the changes will be there in Corel Draw.

jiarby

jack... he knows that, The OP said that it DOESN'T go to Photo-Paint, it goes to MS-PAINT instead.

rcook99

ugh - shutdown corel, while holding f8 restart corel....

Tried it but it didn't work. Now when I open a bitmap or jpeg in X-3 it won't even give me the option to "edit bitmap".

Jackpine, "edit bitmap" is not available even in that menu. It used to be in the drop down icon that lets you launch other programs.

signage

Rcook99 they this:
To associate a file type with CorelDRAW
1. Click Tools Options.

2. In the list of categories, double-click Global, and click Filters.

3. Click Associate.

4. In the Associated file extensions with CorelDRAW list, enable the check box of the file type you want to associate

and check this

To break a CorelDRAW file type association
1. Click Tools Options.

3. Click Associate.

4. In the Associated file extensions with CorelDRAW list, disable the check box of the file type association you want to break.

Shovelhead

Rcook99 they this:
To associate a file type with CorelDRAW
1. Click Tools Options.

3. Click Associate.

4. In the Associated file extensions with CorelDRAW list, enable the check box of the file type you want to associate

and check this

To break a CorelDRAW file type association
1. Click Tools Options.

3. Click Associate.

4. In the Associated file extensions with CorelDRAW list, disable the check box of the file type association you want to break.

Won't that merely allow you to create an association for import?

signage

Not sure but apparently something has gone wrong with his! I would give it a try doesn't look that had!