• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How come?

ProWraps

when i click on a pic, it opens up in another window, then i close it, and my original window pops up the same picture in an iframe type thing. and then i have to close it too.

all browsers, all machines. same result.

anyone else experiencing this?

cdiesel

Yeah, something changed recently... If I hover above an image it dims the main window the the linked image opens up.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
At the request of a member I turned on a built-in image display that is started by hovering over the thumbnail image. It then displays it and adds in any other images to create a slideshow. If you don't want the framed image to appear, click on the image more quickly and don't continue to hover in that spot. There was already a discussion thread about it with a poll located HERE.

qmr55

It's more annoying then anything! I get the delay as well if I used the hover system. It sucks lol.

qmr55

lol dyson effect. fred, can we have the old way back!? why did someone complain anyway lol

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
lol dyson effect. fred, can we have the old way back!? why did someone complain anyway lol

51% of the poll respondents like it and another 10% don't care one way or the other. So you not-likers are in the minority. Here's a link to the original thread. Everyone who posted in that thread thought it was a great improvement. Maybe you just need some time to get used to it.

qmr55

51% of the poll respondents like it and another 10% don't care one way or the other. So you not-likers are in the minority. Here's a link to the original thread. Everyone who posted in that thread thought it was a great improvement. Maybe you just need some time to get used to it.

I would love it, if it worked the way it's suppose to! You may be correct about the computer being too fast, to where it already starts loading no matter how fast I move the mouse away. But if that's the case, then we need to fix it so it doesn't take seconds to load once it begins. That is the worst part, if we can get that straightened out then we can probably eliminate the old way. I just think one or the other will definitely be the way to go, because two only causes for more work for people who can't use the hover correctly.

Just my .02! Not bashing it at all trust me, I applaud you Fred, for trying to make this a better place all the time! Thanks!

ProWraps

i love it. if love it means, clicking on it. seeing it in a pop up. closing said pop up, then seeing the same PIC in an i frame and closing it again.

loves it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Fred,
could you adjust it a little so that when we hover over the "NO" vote in the poll it will continuously add more votes to the "NO" total?

wayne k
guam usa

ProWraps

and then when we click on it it opens a pop up vote that when we close is right there again so we can vote once more?

signswi

I'm not a fan simply because modal boxes shouldn't be triggered on mouse over, they should require a click.

Colin

I find it very annoying, and I fail to see how anyone can view it as good or better than the original.

"Truth is not determined by majority vote"

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I find it very annoying, and I fail to see how anyone can view it as good or better than the original.

"Truth is not determined by majority vote"

It is better because it creates an automatic slide show for multiple images in one post. Without that, I would agree that there is no particular benefit.