• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I achieve the best results on Avery 1005 EZARS on an SP540V?

Dagga

Hi all,
I run an SP540V using Jetbest inks. All is good in my world EXCEPT when it comes to Avery 1005. For the most part, colours are fine, however, some lighter colours are faded, banding is very noticeable, and there is one particular blue that simply. won't. print. well.
It prints well on all other media except 1005. I would sincerely appreciate any assistance on the correct profile I should be using, or any other advice to achieve the best results.

I thank you all for reading my post, and considering my dilemma.

Drip Dry

Are you using the Avery profile for it ?. If you don't have it, I've used the standard premium cast profile with good results.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
First thing I would do is THROW AWAY THE AVERY and get some 3M in there lol, sorry just amazes me that Avery is used by anyone. They ruined so many relationships with bad material and not standing behind their warranty back in the day. Im sure people are having success with it but I would always be leary of using Avery Vinyl

First thing I would do is THROW AWAY THE AVERY and get some 3M in there lol, sorry just amazes me that Avery is used by anyone. They ruined so many relationships with bad material and not standing behind their warranty back in the day. Im sure people are having success with it but I would always be leary of using Avery Vinyl

this

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
We use a ton of Avery 1005 and I prefer it over 3m, oracal, and others. We use oracal 3951 profiles on the avery. I did have to tweak the profiles a little (ink load was a bit heavy for avery). Avery might have done people wrong in the past but they have taken care of us. I have only had a few comebacks in the past 7 years using it and every failure was our fault.

Anyway not to get into a pissing match over vinyl and to answer your question. Try and load a few profiles and test them.

DesireeM

off topic but...Personally we've had more issues with 3M not standing behind their warranties and we use Avery exclusively for wraps but then I wasn't around "back in the day" so maybe things have changed for the better. It's also nice that we can get an Avery bundle MPI 1005 EZ Rs / DOL 1060 for $900 vs $3600 for 3M's equivalent.

TheSFG

off topic but...Personally we've had more issues with 3M not standing behind their warranties and we use Avery exclusively for wraps but then I wasn't around "back in the day" so maybe things have changed for the better. It's also nice that we can get an Avery bundle MPI 1005 EZ Rs / DOL 1060 for $900 vs $3600 for 3M's equivalent.

On Avery you a pretty much dead nuts for our pricing.. however the 3m you are triple what I see on the envision film which we love over everything we've used. 1005 is a great alternative when people/companies are trying to drop per car price on jobs though.