• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I activate pounce cut on Mimaki CG 130

Jeremy_S

We have a Mimaki CG 130 plotter and we are trying to figure out how to get it to pounce cut or perferate so that we don't have to hand cut a mass amount of stickers.
Anyone know how to do this?

:thankyou:

Jillbeans

No, but a good tip that I discovered in regards to pouncing is to mirror plot your paper.
For some reason, it just makes a better pattern.
I reverse it right in my Composer and sent it to the plotter backwards.
Love....Jill

iSign

I'm not sure you can do this, but you mean to make a tear line between contour cut decals? Like tearing off a ticket stub?

iSign

hey, thanks brushmarks... I always thought that was just for cutting the media off the roll, like the "Material Cut" feature on the printer. Since we usually have more managable sized sections by the time we run our cuts, I've never used it.
So, what is a proper setting for halfcut going to do, cut through the vinyl and score the paper , but not cut it? It doesn't pounce or perf though right?

BRUSHMARKS

hey, thanks brushmarks... I always thought that was just for cutting the media off the roll, like the "Material Cut" feature on the printer. Since we usually have more managable sized sections by the time we run our cuts, I've never used it.
So, what is a proper setting for halfcut going to do, cut through the vinyl and score the paper , but not cut it? It doesn't pounce or perf though right?
it will cut a depth that is always through the vinyl then it will go up and down and just perforante the paper for easy "popping" them out.

Jeremy_S

I turned on the half cut, but it's asking me about mm cut length and all that, what do i put in.
Also I'm not quite sure hot to take this from start to finish, can you give me a quick overview of the process.

BRUSHMARKS

that mm setting is for how long the cut will go. it all depends on the size of the decal and what the cut shape is. you just set it to half cut put blade in front slot and send like a normal cut. we had to just do test cuts to get the settings correct.

iSign

does it register off the same marks as a regular cut?

So you program 2 cut files for one print?

when I send a print and cut file, both go to production manager (in Flexi) at once, and after printing I can line up reg marks & send the cut. If I have a second cut, how do I define it as a seperate job that waits until I manually move the knife & "set" the halfcut?

Do I create those cuts as a seperate job to output after moving the blade?

If so, how do I associate the previous print-based reg marks, to the second job?

ChicagoGraphics

No, you use only one set of cut marks, what it does it contour cuts first, then it reads the same marks but you have to make sure you have your cutter and cutting software to half cut. Also make sure you bring your blade up into the front slot holder so It cuts on the spongy strip.

ChicagoGraphics

Lets see if I cant walk you through it, do you have it on both your cutter and in your cutting software. If so put it into your cutter and make sure you moved your blade upto the front, now do your register mark function, then remote, now your ready to send to the cutter.

BRUSHMARKS

does it register off the same marks as a regular cut?yes

So you program 2 cut files for one print? NO regular setting

when I send a print and cut file, both go to production manager (in Flexi) at once, and after printing I can line up reg marks & send the cut. If I have a second cut, how do I define it as a seperate job that waits until I manually move the knife & "set" the halfcut? no it is your normal cut

Do I create those cuts as a seperate job to output after moving the blade? No

If so, how do I associate the previous print-based reg marks, to the second job?
^^^^^^