• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do I attach Letter track to acrylic properly?

wrapworld2

I am doing this for the first time.... I am attaching changeable letter track to acrylic 3/16 thick i believe, for a lit sign.... and I don't want to mess up.... what method is the best and if it is a chemical or weld material... where can i get it? .... please help, and thank you in advance for your professional experiences in this... Lee Flatt Wrap World 2 Tennessee

just a little 'tip' from the trenches. i also like to cut a strip of vinyl the same color as the substrate/background color of the sign and cover the area that is 'welded on' and a little of the track (not enough to interfere with the visibility of the changeable letters.

the reason for this is that the track tends to collect, dirt, debris, dust and sometimes grow algae, etc. hiding that with the strip of vinyl makes a ton of difference a year or two in the future..especially if it is a client that is not going to have their sign annually serviced including a quick spray down with a pressure washer.

wrapworld2

thank you for the tip ANOTHER . and thanks for the knowledge in the product J.... your opinions mean alot to my success in this business..... ask the people who have done it before right... thanks for the help........ Lee in tennessee:U Rock:

Jillbeans

Another tip is not to make the tracks too close together. Remember to add a bit of breathing room so the letters can be inserted and slid around.
Once the Weld-On #16 is stuck it's stuck.
I once had to replace three 4'x8's cuz the tracks were too tight.
Love....Jill

Tifosi

Great call on the vinyl covering of the tracks!!! That's where a little extra work on the front end makes for a much nicer looking sign in the long run and another reason the customer chose a pro and not just the lowest bidder!

That would also be good to take a picture of the sign when it is first installed and maybe a year or two later to compare them and show future clients.