• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I cut vinyl into sheets

supurb

Just bought a roland SC-500 eco solvent printer and am learning how to use it. I used to have a print vendor make my product but decided to try and do the printing myself. The product i sell is window clings. I print them on a 12 X 18 sheet.

The printer prints and countour cuts the images, that is no problem. My question is what the best way to get these into 12X18 sheets would be. Lets say my media is 24" long. I can print two sheets next to each other. I know the printer can then do a sheet cut the width of material. that would leave me with two sheets that are attached to each other.

Is there anyway to have the printer do that center cut to seperate the two sheets, or will I have to make that cut manually? If the printer does it, what setting tells it to do a full (deep) sheet cut verus the countour cut it does around the label? Help on this would be much appreciated. I have Corel Draw, AI, and use color choice rip.

Thanks !

SIGNTIME

yup knife and straight end perf cut will end up with replacing the cutting strip more often ... not worth it imo