• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I fix these?

heyskull

I have a customer who is looking for flat cut acrylic letters bonded directly to a rendered wall like the picture attached.
Do you know how I would go about fixing these and with what?

SC

unclebun

What is a rendered wall? Rendered usually implies a drawing, so if you're dealing in the virtual world usually no adhesive or fastener is required. You just place the letters in the layout on the virtual wall.

MJ-507

Master of my domain.
Here is an illustrated step-by-step instruction manual, updated for 2024 to include photographs! Hopefully, the photos are enough to illustrate our installation method used on rendered walls.

gnubler

I took down some old signs for a customer once and saw they used blue painters tape to hang them up. :p

With enough tape anything is possible!

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 9.12.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 9.12.23 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 72

netsol

af·fix​

verb
stick, attach, or fasten (something) to something else.
"he licked the stamp and affixed it to the envelope"
synonyms: attach, stick, fasten, bind, fix, post, secure, join, connect, couple, clip, tack, pin, glue, paste, gum, tape, Sellotape, append, add, add on

noun
an additional element placed at the beginning or end of a root, stem, or word, or in the body of a word, to modify its meaning.

heyskull

Here is the picture you have been waiting for.
Sorry but I forgot to attach it yesterday.

SC

Attachments

• letters.jpg
    letters.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 71

visual800

You need to scuff the back of the acrylic letters and then prime with 2 part auto epoxy primer its available in a spray can at automtive paint supply places, dont be using no cheap a$$ rustoleum primer!....and then silicone the letters to the front using a pattenr and hold it up there with gorilla tape,. You have got to scuff and prime acrylic because silicone will not hold without doing this. Thanks for the picture