• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I fix this? Overspray and ink texturing FB700

tedbragg

What can I do to smooth out these ridges and eliminate overspray? Heads were down to 0.065 and it still looks like this

Attachments

• IMG_2868.jpeg
    IMG_2868.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2867.jpeg
    IMG_2867.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 56

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Is the surface textured? You can always try to print a white under base if you have the ability.

tedbragg

We don’t have white ink in our 700. The substrates are foam board and e-panel/max metal…they’re super smooth

Hadrian

Your nozzles are all firing? That’s looks god awful and the banding is insane. That’s my bank and if I saw that I’d be asking to talk to marketing to drop off samples of our work

tedbragg

I’m about to do a top to bottom calibration — but I always feel like I’m chasing my tail—the procedures rarely complete

javagod

Manager
Normally when I had those issues on my old FB500 it was bad ink. If you have tried other art on other substrates that's my guess.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
I don't think your nozzles are all firing. Start there. That's not just overspray.

swordguy3222

Never used this printer, so can only offer advice based on the machines I run. It could be deviated nozzles, you head height or print gap is to high, or too much static with the material. First thing is always do nozzle test, see how it looks. If all nozzles are there, then look to see if its firing them in proper locations, with most nozzle test you would be able to tell if they are printing in proper position or if they're deviated. If all that is all clear, then check your head height. I know on my Epsons if I raise head height I have to do a feed and bi-directional calibration. If it's static, then you need to look at better ways of grounding the machine or having the stock reduce the access static.