• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I flush a value just for shipping or storage?

ndowd

I will be selling my Mutoh VJ1324 and I am not sure of the process of flushing the printer and prepping it for shipping or storage. I cannot find anything on Mutoh's website regarding this, can anyone help?

heyskull

How long you storing this for?

The machine originally came with a set of flushing/cleaning cartridges If storing for a long time I would install these.
Only issue with this is you will probably use a set of flush cartridges and maybe another set of inks to reinstate it again and this is expensive.
Even in this state I would not guarantee the head will stay unblocked forever.

SC

ndowd

Not sure how long we are storing it

I am trying to get it sold so hopefully just long enough to get it shipped to someone else to set up and use.

ndowd

How long you storing this for?

The machine originally came with a set of flushing/cleaning cartridges If storing for a long time I would install these.
Only issue with this is you will probably use a set of flush cartridges and maybe another set of inks to reinstate it again and this is expensive.
Even in this state I would not guarantee the head will stay unblocked forever.

SC

I have the flush cartridges, I have just never used them before. In five years these machines have not stopped printing so I have never had to do this before.

I want to make sure that I flush it properly so that if it sells and I ship it, it will still be in proper working order when it arrives.