• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do i get the blak ink to flow? mutoh 1304

Hi All,
seems like i keep running in to a wall all the time with my mutoh valuejet 1304.
i just posted some issues which i resolved thank to you guys, but now i have more more issue with the printer which does not print black.
can somebody walk me trough to make the black ink to print? even the tubing are somewhat empty, any help will be highly appreciated,

randya

1. Make sure you have ink in the cartridge.

The easiest way is to take the top cover off.
Run a cleaning and see if the ink is pumping through the line.
You can check the waste line into the waste bottle, there should be a small amount of ink flowing.

If not, perhaps your capping station is not sealing.

If everything moves except black, then you will want to check the entire black line and look for bubbles (air leak)

If nothing is moving, make sure your head is in low head position, clean your capping station and head.

If that does not improve the seal, then the cap or capping station probably needs replacing.
If tha

Hi, Ok, i can see lots of BIG gaps in the black ink lines, guessing is air, i will check to see if the lines are loose, i ran the cleaning sycle but nothing comes down to the waste ink bucket, i will check that line as well for clogs, also when ran the clening cycle the black ink gaps did not move, sory for asking this dumb question but is the capping station where the head rests? if so when i run a cleaning cycle nothing comes down to the waste bottle, does that means the capping is not sealing either, or do i just need to replace it or how do i fix it?
too many things that can go wrong with thins mosnter:(
thank you for your help and patience, hopefully one of this days i will get it going like it should.....

randya

The capping station is where the head rests.
And yes, if no ink is pulling through, then typically either the drain is plugged, the pump is bad or the seal is bad.

The capping station is a consumable, recommended replacement is about every 18 months.
That can often be extended by keeping it clean.

prophecy27

One way to help get your ink up nearer the head is that you can disconnect the ink line above the head and using a syringe, you can pull ink from the cartridge up to that point. This helps a little with getting ink up that far. Or you can even disconnect the damper and pull ink to the damper.

If you're lines to the waste tank are clogged, then you will definitely have a problem with getting suction on the capping station. As others pointed out, keep this cleaned so that it does create a good seal. We had to change one of these, and we actually ordered a whole maintenance station because at that time we were not aware that you could order just the capping station part of it. It is a lot cheaper but a littler harder to replace because of the short lines and spring underneath, but it is not too difficult.

If those lines are clogged though, you may have to disconnect those little lines anyway to flush them out. There is a little plastic adapter that goes from those small black lines to the clear lines of the pump. We ended up using a syringe with cleaning fluid to push out the clogs in all these lines when our started junking up. It can be time consuming and tedious, but keeping if you can get it cleaned out it can save you a lot of time. And something we learned too with our printer being down for quite some time is that if you are going to be down for awhile, put some cleaning solution down through the capping station to help clean it out so it doesn't clog up. We were doing that every so often to clean out any ink that was going into it when we weren't even able to do cleanings through the printhead because of problems.