• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I get this effect?

T-Square_WPB

Customer sent this in as an example. They like the look of the edges. Looks like a special eraser/brush but I'm not sure which one.....anyone??

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    382.6 KB · Views: 76

mikey-Oh

just a grunge border, it'll be hard to pull off that exact one but a quick google search for grunge borders'll give you something maskable

jiarby

layer mask with a grunge-ish brush edge. Probably one of the default brushes, but there are a million online/

iSign

or if you only need to get a few borders done, my lazy approach would be to open in photoshop, select the white negative space & crop it for reuse.. I would rather learn the cool stuff that following these links would lead to... but sad to say, maybe there is some truth to that "old dogs/new tricks" saying... even though it is often penny wise & pound foolish, I've noticed myself being lazy about learning the fast way if the slow way is still faster then learning...

T-Square_WPB

Cool guys. I found some nice grunge brushes that worked out. Not exact, but good enough for what I needed. Here's a small sample...

Attachments

• boca_raton.jpg
    boca_raton.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 97

GypsyGraphics

t-square... i think you'll find the creating a layer mask the best and easiest way to get the desired affect on photos.
the mask approach offer great flexibility in placement and appearance of the image.

if you're unsure of how to do it, i can do a quick visual step by step.