• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I increase density (ink deposition)?

threeputt

Printing some eight foot electrical sign faces onto 3850. Usually we set the machine to "return to point of origin after printing" then hit print again.

This allows an extra "coat" of ink to increase the density of color because they're back lit.

This method also allows the printed image to get off about 1/16" in the eight foot length.

Can I artificially somehow change things so that we lay down more ink with each head pass? Thus eliminating the second printing?

Rookie question probably but I'd appreciate any help possible.

Letterbox Mike

Somewhere in the RIP there will be a setting for multiple ink layers, it may be called something slightly different depending on the RIP, but it'll be there.

Hwy

By assigning spot colors to the design (vector only) through Roland's Color Swatch Library, you can change the color call out for that particular color within the rip.

ezeloCreative

3850 Double Strike?

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I have my first printing job coming up on ORACAL 3850. Do you need to double strike it (Over Print)? Or will the default profile I downloaded from ORACAL have this turned on in VersaWorks?

Sorry for the newbie question, but I don't want to waste a wack of material and ink when I can ask some folks with experience :thankyou:

-sheldon

Last edited: