• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I make a PNG file with a transparent background that doesn't look like crap?

signmeup

I have a customer who wants his logo in a format that has a transparent background so He can use it Word or Paint (I forget which) for "things". I have Corel and Illustrator but I can't make it so it looks good. (I can't make one at all in Illy... but I'm challenged in that software.) I get jaggy letters with an artifact/outline around my letters.

What I need is white and orange letters he can float over whatever he wants with no outlines around the letters.

Adrian

Attachments

• SamMedicraft.jpg
    SamMedicraft.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 130

Supergirl

Do you have a version without a background?

in Illustrator, file, save for web. pick png from dropdown. voila!

signmeup

You da bomb Supergirl! Do you have any tips on resolution? I have no outline artifacts now but it's jaggy as all getout.

Adrian

phototec

Do you have any tips on resolution? I have no outline artifacts now but it's jaggy as all getout.

Adrian

DON"T use SAVE for WEB, that will make you PNG at 72ppi, if you want higher resolution (like 300), use FILE, EXPORT, then from the drop down menu select PNG, then you will have some different PNG options and you can select from Screen (72ppi), Medium (150ppi), or High (300ppi).

Make sure you have the background color as transparent.

:smile:

J Hill Designs

png from corel comes out perfect for me...do you have anti-aliasing uncheck by chance?

Attachments

• Untitled-2.png
    Untitled-2.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 132

signmeup

Thanks Phototec. I didn't spot that option the first time I when through. I'm all good now. (Love this place...)

Adrian

signmeup

look closely, or import to a dark background :thumb:

Well J... I'm not getting anything but the polar bear when I try it. Can you make an animated tutorial for me? Just kidding but it won't do it for me. What's the sequence... if you have a minute. I must be missing a check box or something.

Adrian

J Hill Designs

Well J... I'm not getting anything but the polar bear when I try it. Can you make an animated tutorial for me? Just kidding but it won't do it for me. What's the sequence... if you have a minute. I must be missing a check box or something.

Adrian

hmm. well, heres the png output settings dialogue, maybe compare?

edit: box surrounging it set to clear, not white

Attachments

• png.jpg
    png.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 88

signmeup

I get this. There's not way to see the white on white. Must be time to upgrade. I'm on CS4.

Adrian

Attachments

• Coreltest.jpg
    Coreltest.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 96