• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I make my GX-640 sheet cut after each job and cut a series of jobs

jeff412

I am the latest version of Versaworks. I have an SP-540V that I use to print on and I use my GX-640 to cut. I just recently got a take up real for the SP so I can just leave it printing with several jobs queued. My problem is with queuing up the jobs to be cut on the GX-640. I would like to add cut the jobs to the queue, then have the GX do the contour cuts, then sheet cut the job and then automatically move to the next job. What I'm getting is cutting the first job, moving to the next, but it is reading the trailing crop marks from the previous job instead of the leading crop marks from the current job. And no sheet cut. Anyone else doing this successfully?

Thanks,
Jeff

jeff412

I have figured out my issue with it reading the previous jobs crop marks. I was leaving a little space after each job in order to keep it under the rollers. If I don't have that space, then it reads the next job's marks fine. Now I just need to figure out the sheet cut.

Jeff

jeff412

Anyone got any ideas on how to make the GX Automatically sheet cut after each job with Versaworks?

Jeff

CS-SignSupply

First, make sure your cutter has the AutoCut Command set correct.

MENU>AUTOCUT>COMMAND>ENABLE

After enabling this, try to send again and let us know.

jeff412

Yes I do have it enabled, but I can't find anywhere in Versaworks to tell it to sheet cut after output. I have that setting for my SP but not the GX.

Jef

CS-SignSupply

Based on everything I can find, the option to sheetcut with the GX-640 is not available in Versaworks.

I do not have one installed here currently for further testing.

In Flexi you can set this and it uses the following HPGL Command to do so; EC;!PG;

Bare with me as I will continue to see if I can figure this out for you.

jeff412

I really appreciate the help. It would save from having to babysit the cutter if we could figure it out.

Jeff

Based on everything I can find, the option to sheetcut with the GX-640 is not available in Versaworks.

I do not have one installed here currently for further testing.

In Flexi you can set this and it uses the following HPGL Command to do so; EC;!PG;

Bare with me as I will continue to see if I can figure this out for you.

jeff412

I still haven't figured this out. Anyone got any ideas? Even work arounds are ok by me. It seems so doable and would save a lot of babysitting time.

Jeff