Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I remove the clear pinch roller wheel

Discussion in 'Roland' started by medafor, Apr 17, 2010.

1. medafor

medafor New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    Tags:
  2. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Use small needlenose pliers to gently pull one clip off the shaft. There are 2 small washers between the wheel and plastic (ships with new washers) Replace BOTH pinch wheels if you're replacing as it will save frustration in the end. Pinch wheels are about $62/pair.

3. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Opps! And i forgot to add...and THIS IS IMPORTANT...the ink Dot on the new wheel faces to the outside!

4. medafor

medafor New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    how do i pull off the clips cant tell how they come off, are they the little c shaped brackets? which direction do i pull, thank you for the prompt response

5. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Go to Sears and buy the Craftsman mini pic set, the angled/hook one works perfect for removing those tiny C-clips. Very small needle nosed pliers or hemostatic forceps preferably work great for reinstalling them.

Attached Files:

6. Sign Works

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    This is the cheaper set that I got, about 6 bucks, very well worth it. Also you can find the forceps in the fishing dept at Walmart.

Attached Files:

7. Sign Works

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Oh ya! forgot about those washers, arn't those the biggest little pain in the you know what? :thumb:

8. medafor

medafor New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    thank you all for the help

9. signdsignprinter

signdsignprinter New Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I'm having the same issue HOWEVER, I can get the clips off easily. My problem is pulling that shaft out to release the wheel & washers! I attempted it on another wheel to see if it was just that wheel but it isn't. I cannot get that shaft out! What in the world could be the issue?

10. otctech

otctech Member

Dec 16, 2011
    There is a washer on each side of the pinch roller. When you slide the shaft out it gets caught in the groove on the shaft for the E-clip. Try pushing the washer up slightly while pulling the shaft out.