• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I remove the heads?

Gabriel

Hi,

Falcon I,II??
The covers of the printing carriage are very easy to remove.
DX2 print-heads for Falcon I, right?
Carefully, remove dampers first, then you have 2 screws and a spring(take them out) and after you pull it out from it's location, just unplug the connectors(head cables). :covereyes:
If it's Falcon II, then, instead of 2 screws, you will have 3 for DX4 heads. In that case,after you pull out the dampers, you should remove the connectors (head cables), for easy access to the screws.
All this operations must be done when the printer is unplugged to prevent unpleasant situations like burning a fuse or something.
Good luck with that!

Regards :smile:

busypc

Thanks so much for your help. Yes, we'll turn the machine off and unplug it. Doesn't take much of a charge to wipe out a board!

westpointsigns

Take the top and door off of the machine.

Remove the 2 screws covering the print head.

Cut the zip strip or wire tie holding the metal lines on the printhead for easier access.

Pull out the dampers, leaving them connected to the hard lines. There may be a plastic guide securing the hard lines covering the dampers. Remove the screw that holds that in.

Pull the dampers straight up ( I used a bent needle nose plier to do this just grabbing the edge of the damper on the back by the head) PULL STRAIGHT UP.

Remove the screw holding the head in along with the spring.

This will be the same for both printheads.

busypc

Thanks guys! I've got some solvent coming in tomorrow to soak them. We'll see what happens.

Gabriel

Head soaking sucks on DX2 and DX4 print-heads. If you want to "revive" the print-heads somehow, I think it's better to push some cleaning liquid through the nozzles using a syringe. Do it gently and everything will be ok... and you will have good results also(maybe). Remember: do not push hard and for a long time!
Good luck!

MikePro

if its the DX4 heads like my mimaki JV3, you're better off simply soaking them in the printer. do you have a "nozzle wash" mode in the service menu that allows you to fill the capping station with solvent?
whenever i get some serious clogs, i just run this and power down the machine and let it soak overnight. removing the heads just causes headache having to re-align them once reinstalled.