• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I save as a word file?

Chuck Peterson

I have created a letterhead design for a customer. I created it in Omega, saved it as a PDF for him. He needs to open it in Word. I don't even know if that's Microsoft Word or Word perfect. Omega lets me save as WP2 and Illustrator has a lot of formats but the few I've tried don't open in Microsoft word 2003.

Obviously I'm not familiar with using word. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

papabud

Lone Wolf
i would save it as a tiff, opening it in illustrator and save as a tiff if you have to. then open word and place it in a document . then send that.

Chuck Peterson

My customer wants to use Word. Isn't there a way to save a PDF, AI, or anything else into a format that can be open in Word so he can type a letter on his letterhead?

truckgraphics

JPG

Save it as a jpg and copy paste into Word or a Word equivalent. (Never tried it with a Tiff as suggested above, but a jpg will work and should be easier/faster to open than a large file.)

At least you are sending the Word file, rather than receiving.

I hate when customers send me Word files and tell me it is finished art work (mini rant over).

WildWestDesigns

My customer wants to use Word. Isn't there a way to save a PDF, AI, or anything else into a format that can be open in Word so he can type a letter on his letterhead?

If I recall correctly, send it as a picture file (like was mention) and then they would just need to save it as a background (I would have them save it as a template file at that point with nothing else on it, that way when they open it, it says Untitled XX versus whatever the name of the file is, so they don't write over it).