• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I send just the cut from a Print & Cut Job??

thewoodage

So I printed some helmet decals, 8 repeats of a group of 9 of them - 3 across & 3 up - and they printed with cut registration marks and everything fine as far as the print goes - I sent them from Production Manager with "Print & Contour" selected as it always is but I deleted the ".cut" file from the plotter in Production Manager (through an act of random clicking):Oops:-

So to get to my question, how do I get that .cut file back? I've tried going back in and just selecting "Contour Only" but it won't send me anything to the plotter, it just RIP's the file and then says "RIPING DONE" - any help would be greatly appreciated!

PMG

In flexi 8.5 heres how its done.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 114

mbarden

Follow PMG,
Shut off the printer? Are you serious? No offense intended, but, WOW!

Mike B
Big River Sign

thewoodage

Ok - a serious thanks to both of you for info :thumb: because I was at my wit's end -

I tried the whole shut it off method - still no dice

And I tried PMG's method through Rip & Print but that's not the way I sent it the first time so now the cuts aren't matching up to the print -

Originally I went into Production Manager, Add Job and brought it in like that... any other thoughts??

Williams Signs

resend the job from flexi. when the screen says generating file switch over to production manager. Select the print job while it says riping and click on the stop button. It will stop the print from pfinting but will give you access to the cut file. Now if you altered the file in any way from when you first sent the original print (i.e. moved the graphic from one spot to another on the screen) You will not be able to recreate a cut file for your original prints.

thewoodage

Illusion - doing it that way has the same result as going through PMG's steps - I think this one's destine for the trash & reprint - ah well - again thanks to all for the quick responses!! :U Rock:

ahollow

Follow PMG,
Shut off the printer? Are you serious? No offense intended, but, WOW!

Mike B
Big River Sign

Shutting off the printer was just a quick way to keep the new spooling job from starting to print. You can also send the file as "Send and Hold" but I was giving him a quick answer for something I thought he need a quick answer for.

Anyway it works for me. No offense taken, we all have different ways of doing the same thing.

OneUpTenn

I have done this before .... i did seperate contour cut and then just sent the cut...however, i just tried it and apparantly there is a step I am skipping b/c it won't send just the cut part......anybody know the step I am missing here???? I know this is how I did it....just can't quite remember that second step....but it does work....I had a large print and cut job once, took me over an hour to figure it out but it was less expensive than reprinting......

sorry for the incomplete answer but maybe the professionals will know what's lacking here.

When this happens to me I just send it to the printer again but before you do change the box on the left side to "hold in list". This will send it to the production manager but not to the printer. Now you should have your contour cut job back and just delete the extra job in the printer que. It will be listed as holding.