• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How do I set up contour cutting on my Mimaki CG-60SRIII?

Evaporated

Hello everyone. I'm trying to get contour cutting using registration marks to work on my Mimaki. I'm trying to cut out a design on Siser EasySubli HTV to be pressed on to a shirt. I know my Mimaki can perform the task, but I'm lost on how to set it up to do so. I've had no luck finding any actual tutorial videos online and the online Mimaki instruction manual is no help.

For example, on page 61 (3-11) of the guide (https://mimaki.com/archives/034/D202472-17_CG-SRIII_OperationManual.pdf) the first step says to press the End key while in Local mode, but when I press it on my cutter it does nothing at all.

Also, I am designing in Illustrator and my cutting software is SimpleCut, which came with the cutter.

If someone has any experience with this, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

wleong

I've never used SimpleCut but I've been able to do this using the RasterLink plugin in Illustrator.

The plugin can generate the cut line for you and you can specific a positive or negative offset for the contour.

Check out this YouTube video. Let me know if you have any questions.

William

Hello everyone. I'm trying to get contour cutting using registration marks to work on my Mimaki. I'm trying to cut out a design on Siser EasySubli HTV to be pressed on to a shirt. I know my Mimaki can perform the task, but I'm lost on how to set it up to do so. I've had no luck finding any actual tutorial videos online and the online Mimaki instruction manual is no help.

For example, on page 61 (3-11) of the guide (https://mimaki.com/archives/034/D202472-17_CG-SRIII_OperationManual.pdf) the first step says to press the End key while in Local mode, but when I press it on my cutter it does nothing at all.

Also, I am designing in Illustrator and my cutting software is SimpleCut, which came with the cutter.

If someone has any experience with this, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

If the end key is not working press the function key and go to setup. In setup look for mark Detect and click enter. Make sure mark end key start and mark detect is switch on.