Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I snap text box to text

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by tiredcreations, Jan 22, 2014.

1. tiredcreations

tiredcreations Member

Dec 3, 2008
    IL
    It's been awhile since I used illustrator (cs6) and I can't for the life of me remember (or find how) to do this.

I want the box to wrap around the text with no gaps. That way I can align & center it with other objects.
    I don't want to convert it to outlines because I need to copy and change the text multiple times.

I swear I've done this before :banghead:

illy.jpg

Tags:
  2. Biker Scout

Biker Scout Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Can't do that in Illustrator. That's what you get. If you've ever worked in InDesign, you will notice that you can have a text box larger than the text, you'd double click the corner and/or bottom center nodes and it would snap to. If the text box you created was by starting with text tool, and drawing a rectangle then typing in subsequent box, then you can just manually move it to whatever size you wish. But your pic looks to be that you just clicked the "T" Tool and started typing. That's the way I do it, but then I convert to outlines so that it's an object I have more control over.

3. tiredcreations

tiredcreations Member

Dec 3, 2008
    IL
    Dang!
    You're right, I never draw text boxes, I just click the T tool. I thought for sure I've done it somehow but maybe not.

4. API

API Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Kernersville, nc
    You can draw a box and then click on the path of that box with the area type tool (when you click and hold on the T tool it is the second one in the drop down menu) and then you can center it inside that box and the type is constrained to that shape. Is this what you were looking for?