• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I space little squares around an oval in corel CS4 or 12?

signmeup

I have this customer's logo and he wants "dentil molding" around the oval. I did a couple by hand and then went blank. Something like "fit text to path" would be great...but for squares. Anyone know how?

Attachments

• Vikingg.jpg
    Vikingg.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 88

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You can do it with dashed Strokes in Illustrator, then "expand" it if it needs to be a vector.....

Perks

Draw oval with 16 pt line thickness (no fill) and add 2nd selection in outline style selection drop down menu, then adjust to size 4.316 x 6.468 to see spacing between objects is even...convert outline to object under the arrange menu in corel 12.

Perks

sfr table hockey

Also in Illustrator you can use the blend feature where you can make a shape and have it follow a path and set to a number of how many you want. It's under "Options" then Blend. You can set it as a qty or a measurement. There is a lot more to it but might be another option. This way you could make a shape and use it instead of a font.

signmeup

I would use the blend tool then select the path to follow.
Ding ding ding!! We have a winner. Thanks. I learned a new skill. I had no idea you could do that with the blend tool. Worked great. I did the Ariel period and fitted it to path too.

300mphGraphics

I would have drawn an ellipse in the space desired, no fill, then used one of the dashed line under the "style" drop down on the outline pen tool.

Funny how many ways to accomplish similar things.

signgal

I was thinking the same thing... and now he prob'ly won't need it again for at least 7 months and will forget how to use it again. ROFL

signmeup

That looks like a decent add on GX. Thanks. Here is what I did with the blend tool. He wanted little 3 stripped thingys going around the outside so the blend tool was just the ticket. I'll bet you could make a decent looking rope border the same way.

Attachments

• Viking2.jpg
    Viking2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 76