• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do i stop static on my mutoh 1624?

0igo

i dont know why i keep getting static shocks i think its from my new banner media that likes to stick together. any help is appreciated thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Wiping the platen down with a Downy anti static sheet will help a little. If you are on carpet, that is causing the issue. If you can get an anti static mat to put the machine on or move it to a concrete floor that will help. If not, mix some fabric softener and water, 1 to 6 ratio is what we use, and spray the carpet around the machine.

I have also seen people ground their machines from the stand to the outlet but I don't know how much that does to help the problem. The machine is already grounded by default but it can't hurt to try.

Mimaki has an "anti static system" which is just a piece of material that sticks to the back of your machine and slides across the material as it moves through. The material removes the static somehow but not sure what it's made of.