• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I Tackle This Big Boy?

Craig Sjoquist

Sad that choose not to spend money on advertising which really makes money for them.

Bucket truck rental alone is expensive, properly reface is best like SignManiac suggested and the easiest, cheapest is using vinyl but if they are not going to buy other signage cause to much they are going to pay for bucket truck sad indeed.
These shapes where common in the 50's 60's also before but were just being developed, neon wrapped some would flash and move, what a site indeed, the hay day of sign advertising design.
Look what we got to do now to be different, outstanding, and out of the box awesome,

andy

Guy wires / angle iron from roof / electric hook ups. Way to many unanswered questions and I would be afraid to even touch it unless all the electrical power was turned off by a licensed electric co.

I'm just not seeing the "beauty" either.... to me it's a crudely nailed together piece of cr@p held onto the wall with a amateurish arrangement of wires & angle iron.

skyhigh

I'm just not seeing the "beauty" either.... to me it's a crudely nailed together piece of cr@p held onto the wall with a amateurish arrangement of wires & angle iron.

The beauty is imagining what it "USED" to look like. The sign has since been beaten (over the last 40+ years) with the proverbial "ugly stick".

boxerbay

This could turn into a fun piece but I can tell you right now it will never happen. Beauty parlors are notoriously cheap. The client will want cheap vinyl stuck on it, in a typeface that can't be read.

But in a sign persons world of fantasy, I'd try and sell them on something like this. The sign is such a unique piece, it won't be necessary to fill every square inch of it with lettering. Use the right colors and it will draw the viewers attention to it. The lettering on the bottom is sufficient enough to identify their business. Bigger isn't always better.

This sign could quite simply be done with painted DiBond panels. Rent a lift and do it on-site the safe way. VHB and a few well placed discreet screws would handle this job easily. If it were planned out right, it wouldn't take no more than an hour or two to reface it.

Nice art deco look bringing back the sign to it's original "look" If this were Miami Beach you would have to submit your plans to the city for approval.