• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do i wrap a helmet

Sparky

Slightly off topic, when you do them, do you run any 3M primer around the bottom or edges to give extra bite to prevent lifting? I was thinking of doing that.
I'll play around with it, and I'm sure with a built in relief I'll be able to do it. Just not sure I want to very often.

Yes. I like using primer as extra insurance due to all of the heating and stretching. Patience is key till you learn how to make an appropriate template that allows for a bit of variance.

All of the helmets I have done have been 80% of the customers idea, and they let me do the other 20%. That extra 20% is for that variance.

Straight lines are tough, but I have done three that were nothing but straight lines. It was like wrapping a dually fender in 1/4 scale, with the same extremes.

I guess I like doing them, as I have time, because all else seams easy after that!