• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do the big guys print on the backing paper?

jlalasvt

Yup, Question is in the title. What tools or machines are used for printing instructions on the backing paper of lets say, 651 or any vinyl backing for that matter..

Thanks for your help,

-Joe

InstantOneMedia

We print a grid on the backing of our Instant Granite. We just feed our 5110-g which is comparable to the 651 with the backing paper up and print 51 copies of our 3' x 3' grid. We set the profile on fast print, 4 pass, and we are able to turn off the heat. Super easy. Takes about 2 hours to print the entire 150' length of the roll on our JV33 and 4 hours on our JV3.

Also, don't forget to make sure the take-up reel is turning in the correct direction.

jlalasvt

We print a grid on the backing of our Instant Granite. We just feed our 5110-g which is comparable to the 651 with the backing paper up and print 51 copies of our 3' x 3' grid. We set the profile on fast print, 4 pass, and we are able to turn off the heat. Super easy. Takes about 2 hours to print the entire 150' length of the roll on our JV33 and 4 hours on our JV3.

Also, don't forget to make sure the take-up reel is turning in the correct direction.

Awesome, I have considered this, But I was not sure if the backing paper could take the solvent ink. I did not even know my cjv could run a 4 pass lol. Now the big question. Ink consumption?

InstantOneMedia

Our grid and logo are black & white so there is very little ink consumption. I imagine if you are just printing instructions, it wouldn't use that much ink.