• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do u add fonts to X3

Craig Sjoquist

Can not find or understand how to add fonts
been reading on it but really confussed
the fonts I'm looking for ....bordeaux ..heavy..medium & light found them in webpage publicity.com site
downloaded them to my documents and they open, but will not go to corel X3 cause I don't know how
I've upgraded from #8 to X3 so not full box version so the 1,000 fonts don't have or unseen
thank you ...
freedom is not free

Pro Image

You have to add them to the Windows font directory...........You'll have to restart Corel also..........you should be able to use them then.............

ChiknNutz

Do you use any Font manipulation software (I'm assuming not). Corel comes with Bitstream which is pretty decent actually. I also like and use Extensis Suitcase. This keeps the gazillion fonts manageable because you can turn on and off the fonts as needed to keep from choking your system.

Craig,

You should be using the Font Navigator (font manager) that came with Corel. It makes things EASY. If you do not understand what I am referring to, or have trouble setting up, I can swing by later this week. It will only take 15 minutes.

BTW - How's the pup?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Can not find or understand how to add fonts
been reading on it but really confussed
the fonts I'm looking for ....bordeaux ..heavy..medium & light found them in webpage publicity.com site
downloaded them to my documents and they open, but will not go to corel X3 cause I don't know how
I've upgraded from #8 to X3 so not full box version so the 1,000 fonts don't have or unseen
thank you ...
freedom is not free

Font files have to be installed via...

Start->Settings->Control Panel
Fonts
File->Install New Font...

Select the font file in the displayed Add Fonts dialog and invoke 'OK'. The font will be installed in the appropriate windows directory and will be available to Corel as well most any other package.

graphicallyg

Fonts

Bitstream Navigator from Corel is great. When you first load it you have to go to "File" at the top, and then "Find Files". Bitstream will do a search through ALL your fonts that are available on your computer (or even the whole network) and show them. We use this feature all the time when a customer wants a certain "look".

It is a good idea to just have your base fonts loaded as too many installed at one time hogs system memory and causes slowdowns in loading.

Bitstream shows you a list of "installed" fonts on the right and a list of "available" fonts on the left. You can type in whatever text you want and scroll through either list to preview what it will look like. If you see one that you like in the "available" list, all you have to do is drag it into the "installed list and voila, it is available as a system font. You can arrange your fonts into families to make it easier to manage as well.

Have fun with it cause it makes life a lot easier and my computer likes me more.

Cheers
andrew

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You have to add them to the Windows font directory...........You'll have to restart Corel also..........you should be able to use them then.............

Pro,
no need to restart Corel, it keeps track of the installed font list and updates on the fly.
Adding new fonts works better than removing them while corel is running.
If you pull a font that is in use Draw will tell you it can't find the font and reset the text to something else from your installed list.

wayne k
guam usa

Craig Sjoquist

thank you for all your suggestions on how to...this how far I get with best results in XP
start> control panel> switch to older version > fonts> open folder
file> install fonts ....add fonts .. box window appears
but will not allow me to select my documents to add fonts saved there
I go to my documents> select font > move to > no font folder in c drive
confussed
ok bitstream navagator in corel draw X3 where ????? file on top ???? think I missed something here will read more too...
I'll keep trying and let ya know
yes pro sign & graphics will need help ...vikin is doing great ...if you been by last few mouths you will notice vikin has alot of space waiting for fence
freedom is not free

Whit

My Doc,, click on font,, copy,,
go to font directory,, paste !!!
No muss,, no fuss,, simple !!!

Craig Sjoquist

Thanks witt that was easy ..I tryed that but a way differant way tryed to put it into corel nope ...why did I not think of put into font folder lol thanks again egad jobs almost done lol
freedom is not free

signage

If you have x3 you should also have bitstream navigator and install and uninstall the font through it to keep system running more efficient.