• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you apply transfer 1200cm alone

msenjur

Hello!

Im having troubles with applying transfer vinyl on large sheet by myself. I usually have another pair of hand to help me, but sometimes im alone at workshop, and i dont want to wait for help to come back...

so, is there any tehnicque?

I cant use laminator... i saw in other workshop, that they use laminator...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
How wide is your 1200 cm long masking paper?
If it is not too wide you could leave the mask on the roll - set the edge on the starting edge of the vinyl graphic and use a core to push the masking roll down the length of your table (or as far as you can reach) reposition the graphic and mask (pulling it back to you) and go again until you get to the get to the end. 1200 cm is a pretty long run by hand without a laminator.
You can order the big squeegee from Dale here to get it done also.

msenjur

uf, my bed. i made a mistake in naming the post... transfer is 1200mm wide...

i was trying that with core, but often i get wrinkles all over graphic...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You can also do something like this:

build your holder wide enough to hold your 1200mm mask but put it on a short table so you can set your graphic between the holder sides (off the table) under the mask roll and squeegee short sections at a time pulling the graphic to you and letting it go down under the table as it is masked.
If that make sense.