• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help How do you change the cut start position

Danskitt

Our Graphtec FC8600 is driving me mad. When we print stickers multi up on a page and top cut them we then want to through cut a square around the individual sticker, no problems with any of that except that it always wants to through cut in the top left corner of the sheet so it winds the whole print through the machine and starts from the back. Of course what happens then is the stickers fall out and the machine then has nothing to grip onto so the head crashes and the whole sheet has to get thrown away.

There must be somewhere to say start the cut from the front of the sheet not the back?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I am not familiar with Caldera so I can't be of any real help but when I am running sheets and it is cutting from the back to the leading edge I will flip the material and change the orientation in the cutting window to cut upside down. It then goes from the front to the back.
Also when using the Graphtec Illustrator plug-in you can turn on 'Sorting' - 'Minimize roller movement' so it will cut in a predictable order - closest to farthest away.
Should be some sort of sorting order you can turn on in Caldera.

wayne k
guam usa

Danskitt

Caldera is a bit rubbish in that sense there really aren’t many options to choose from. I tried flipping the artwork but it still starts from the back corner which makes me think it might be a setting on the machine. I have in the past had it so that it starts cutting from the front edge but it’s mire luck than judgement

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I can't help, but Onyx is just as ridiculous as this... 99% of the time it will start cutting at the diagonal opposite of the origin. I fail to understand any benefit of this.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I can't help, but Onyx is just as ridiculous as this... 99% of the time it will start cutting at the diagonal opposite of the origin. I fail to understand any benefit of this.
Maybe it has something to do with all 3 of us being located below the equator in the Southern Hemisphere - Coriolis effect and all.