• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you clean the encoder strip on a SP300V?

My print/cut is off and I have tried to adjust it but the scan does not want to move. I looked up on the site and in another topic it said to Clean the encoder strip..

But how? and where is it? :help::help::help::help:

I have to do some decals today and it is off..

Help!
and thanks

ChiknNutz

It's the clear ribbon tucked in the back...open up the front flip door and you'll see it there. The head uses this strip so it knows where it is along the axis of head travel. Just clean it using IPA and a soft cloth (both sides). Be gentle when cleaning it.

It's the clear ribbon tucked in the back...open up the front flip door and you'll see it there. The head uses this strip so it knows where it is along the axis of head travel. Just clean it using IPA and a soft cloth (both sides). Be gentle when cleaning it.

Is it the one that looks kinda tinted?

ChiknNutz

yes...Look closer and you'll see vertical has-marks on the strip....that's what the sensor picks up to know position.