Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you connect 2 SP300v printers to 1 computer?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Turbophein, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    now that i have a second Sp300, i would like to use it for cutting while my other sp300v prints. i can't seem to find any options to connect them in tandem with each other, i am pretty sure it can be done. a link would be great!

thanks for any info!

Tags:
  2. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    You probably need to install another NIC (Network Interface Card)

3. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    so for this second printer to even serve a purpose for me, it will have to be printing and cutting its own sheets on a separate computer? thats not at all what i was hoping for... almost useless to me right now if that is the case.

4. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
  5. Turbophein

Turbophein Member

Apr 5, 2011
    i would also think there would be a walk around. i however am not that computer savy.

6. Mike_Koval

Mike_Koval Active Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Uniontown, PA
    my guess is because of the USB connectivity. I would think it would be conflict since the USB driver is exactly the same.

Versaworks can connect 4 "different devices"...i have connected a GX-24 and GX-300 and two vs300's to the same versaworks

7. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    They really need to stipulate to that. That can easily be overlooked with how they have it worded on their website. It does make sense, but as you can tell, people will think that it means 4 of the same machine based on what they read on the website.

I know on the software that I use, I can connect (via USB) 4 same machines (not printers/cutters mind you, so that might be the difference), so if it is a limitation, it's within the software and/or printer firmware. I do think USB connections are capable of being distinguished from one another.