• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you connect 2 SP300v printers to 1 computer?

Turbophein

now that i have a second Sp300, i would like to use it for cutting while my other sp300v prints. i can't seem to find any options to connect them in tandem with each other, i am pretty sure it can be done. a link would be great!

thanks for any info!

Turbophein

so for this second printer to even serve a purpose for me, it will have to be printing and cutting its own sheets on a separate computer? thats not at all what i was hoping for... almost useless to me right now if that is the case.

Turbophein

I think as a general rule of thumb it can, but for some reason multiple SP300's can't be used?? Doesn't make any sense.

There has to be some kind of workaround.... I wonder if there's anyway you can have 2 versions of VW installed on the same computer? And install 1 printer on each?

I have no idea if this would work however. I would think VW would detect the existing version when trying to install #2....now that I think of it.

:peace!:

i would also think there would be a walk around. i however am not that computer savy.

Mike_Koval

my guess is because of the USB connectivity. I would think it would be conflict since the USB driver is exactly the same.

Versaworks can connect 4 "different devices"...i have connected a GX-24 and GX-300 and two vs300's to the same versaworks

WildWestDesigns

my guess is because of the USB connectivity. I would think it would be conflict since the USB driver is exactly the same.

Versaworks can connect 4 "different devices"...i have connected a GX-24 and GX-300 and two vs300's to the same versaworks

They really need to stipulate to that. That can easily be overlooked with how they have it worded on their website. It does make sense, but as you can tell, people will think that it means 4 of the same machine based on what they read on the website.

I know on the software that I use, I can connect (via USB) 4 same machines (not printers/cutters mind you, so that might be the difference), so if it is a limitation, it's within the software and/or printer firmware. I do think USB connections are capable of being distinguished from one another.