• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you create a cut line around a vector?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Dang joe, beating me to this.

Alrighty, here is another way to go ... using the outline attributes, you can select rounded corners on the stroke (steps-1.jpg) then convert strokes to outline (steps-2.jpg) followed by breaking the compound curve apart [right click -> break apart] (steps-3.jpg) ... now here is the tricky part, the outer vector line will be on top, send that **** to the back and the one you need to delete will be on the top. delete that (steps-4.jpg) and you will be able to contour (same as previous posts steps) for a good solid rounded outline, and in steps-5.jpg you can see what the actual line art can be before you do your contour vector for your printed graphic. easy peezy.

Attachments

• STEPS-1.jpg
    STEPS-1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 87
  • STEPS-2.jpg
    STEPS-2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 73
  • STEPS-3.jpg
    STEPS-3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 77
  • STEPS-4.jpg
    STEPS-4.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 82
  • STEPS-5.jpg
    STEPS-5.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 69

ucmj22

Why because someone who is used to doing things in Illy is having a hard time doing a similar thing in a different program? Were you expecting the steps to be identical in both Illy and Draw?

no, because a 3 step task in illy (cmd+c, cmd+b, unite) is apparently a 5-10 step process in corel.

at least thats what i gathered at the onset of this thread.

J

john1

Awesome, Thank you guys. I did a few tests and it's working much better.

Signs101 FTW

Joe Diaz

no, because a 3 step task in illy (cmd+c, cmd+b, unite) is apparently a 5-10 step process in corel.

I think you are reading several different ways to approach the same task in Corel, and confusing it as one task.

signage

If you take a rectangle with an outline and want to break it a part and have the outine as it's own object while object with outline is selected just hit contl+shift+Q. This breaks the outline out of the object and converts it to curves!

Graphics2u

It's only one step in Flexi. I've never used Illy or Corel for much designing and I know their capabilities far exceed Flexi in some areas but some things are really simplified.

jeff412

Here is what i mean, Like see i have the rectangle with a thick outline, How do i make that one solid shade? Even making the outline and fill the same color i can't figure out how to make it one solid shape. Tried weld, convert to object and everything.

In your example, I would just pick the object then right click on red on the color pallete and that would change the outline to red. Left click changes the inside and right click changes the outline.

Jeff

J Hill Designs

In your example, I would just pick the object then right click on red on the color pallete and that would change the outline to red. Left click changes the inside and right click changes the outline.

Jeff

but the shape would still be the original red square...wouldnt include the red outline in the shape...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

How does this give you a contour with an offset from the original group of objects?

wayne k
guam usa