• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you design??

MatthewTimothy

Was curious to know how some of you are doing your designs for wraps. I know the common 300dpi for regular print production work and am well familiar with InDesign but i was curious how you guys design and then proceed to send it to your rip software. Do you design 1:1 and do you increase your dpi higher than 300?? Ive designed some wraps before 1:1 at 1700dpi for some insane detail but i didnt know what some of you considered your norm. I know you probaly output your designs for your client as a jpg with the lowest possible setting photoshop will allow, lol... and watermarked.

Thanks.

Malkin

1700 ppi sounds amazing, but what kind of printer has the capability to actually use all that?

nevermind the fact that it's far beyond the ability of the human eye to distinguish...

HulkSmash

Was curious to know how some of you are doing your designs for wraps. I know the common 300dpi for regular print production work and am well familiar with InDesign but i was curious how you guys design and then proceed to send it to your rip software. Do you design 1:1 and do you increase your dpi higher than 300?? Ive designed some wraps before 1:1 at 1700dpi for some insane detail but i didnt know what some of you considered your norm. I know you probaly output your designs for your client as a jpg with the lowest possible setting photoshop will allow, lol... and watermarked.

Thanks.

all illustrator. Some photoshop when needing certain effects.