• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you give your clients their artwork?

showcase 66

About a month ago or so I ordered a client 500 512mb USB drives. When I ordered them, I was offered 10 for myself at the same price each as the 500 set. I kinda forgot about them until I realized I was out of disks to give a client so I put his artwork on the flash drive and when he came in to get his stuff he thought it was the coolest way to get his artwork.

It got me thinking about getting some more of these things and using them instead of CD's.

I believe it was Memory Direct or USB Direct that I got them from originally. Anyone else ever get them from here or anywhere else?

Does anyone do this already?

TheSnowman

Most of my customers ask me to just email them, I make sure and let them know it's a one time deal...but that's a good "hard copy" idea. Most of my customers have their "Mother's Sisters Cousin's Brother's Daughter - Designer" artwork already, so we don't get to provide for a TON of people.

WildWestDesigns

Most of mine that I actually give a physical copy to are on CDs. I would rather use the USB drives, but I could see them formatting it, deleting it, or making changes and saving over the existing artwork and then having to send them another copy.

RogueRoller

This is how all my clients get there work. Laser engrave there logo to one side of the case and my logo to the other. Been doing it this way for over 5.5 years.

showcase 66

Most of mine that I actually give a physical copy to are on CDs. I would rather use the USB drives, but I could see them formatting it, deleting it, or making changes and saving over the existing artwork and then having to send them another copy.

True, but I have always told my clients that after I give them a CD, if they lose or break it, it is $50 to replace it. Same would go with the USB.

Most of my customers have their "Mother's Sisters Cousin's Brother's Daughter - Designer" artwork already, so we don't get to provide for a TON of people.

Very true

This is how all my clients get there work. Laser engrave there logo to one side of the case and my logo to the other. Been doing it this way for over 5.5 years.

If only I had a Laser Engraver.

Ken

I rarely give the client the digital artwork(file). It's up for discussion I guess.
I would use a Cd or DVD..usually just email a file.
ken

J

john1

Usually use a CD that has multiple formats. I only do this on logo designs though that have a additional option to purchase a CD with them on it. I have a slew of blank cd's so mine as well use them.

signswi

Web transferred and burned to DVD in multiple format for every anticipated use case along with a brand guidelines PDF.

Marlene

when we sell artwork, it is always on a CD as I can print out a slip insert for the jewel case with the logo/design, all the file names and formats. Pantone colors and our contact info.

petepaz

we don't have to give customers artwork all that often but when we do we just email it and if the file is too big we use our ftp site. just easier that way, no cost for disc or shipping.

CheapVehicleWrap

we don't have to give customers artwork all that often but when we do we just email it and if the file is too big we use our ftp site. just easier that way, no cost for disc or shipping.

I don't give artwork often; but when I do, I give Dos Equis.

Giving cheap usb thumdrives might seem cool but is a sure fire way to sell a re-burn later on.