• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do you group print colours?

Dove

Hi all we have only had our edge a few weeks so please forgive the question but the problem is really frustrating me.
I did my first tiled job today 1800mm x 1200mm the sign has a narrow black border and several black words and black logo plus a few blocks at 50% black & 25% black now the question is when i print it the edge calls for the black foil and prints the border rewinds then calls for the same foil and prints the rest....how can I make it print all on the one pass. hope that makes sense. I have the omega manual but don't know what I am looking for. using omega 2.2.
Many thanks Mike

thesignexpert

Mike,

Double check your file and make sure you are using the exact same vinyl color for all elements of your design. I am assuming you are printing on white but, regardless, you will get weird action when your colors are not reading the same. The same goes with your foils... double check that you are assigning the same foil for every graphic object.

Good Luck.

Tim Evans

The Sign Expert .com
"Practical Help for Sign Professionals"

Pro Sign and Graphics
"A Pro Sign made Easy"

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There is a tool button named 1234 in Composer which lists all vinyls in the job and all foils each uses. It is extremely useful and I recommend that you get in the habit of using it with every setup.

One thing to check immediately on your problem is whether any of your color assignments use the overprint feature. For example, if you have spot black set to either no overprint or to "overlay" and you have another portion set to overprint, that will cause the symptoms you describe. The reason for this is that with the overprint setting, printhead temperature is increased and the software will run it separately. the remedy is to locate it and change the setting to overlay which will overprint the color but not raise the temperature.

If that doesn't do it, then use your select by spot color foil command to see if you have two different assignments for spot black. If you do, then select each and reassign each until the same foil assignment has been made for all spot black.