• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you handle customers who approach you about services?

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
running a professional home-based business... a good thread on it's own i think.... in the "premium" section of course. i have some expereince speaking on the subject and would really like to hear how other home-based business operate.

Just to be clear, I am not knocking home based GG. Thank you, just wanted to point that out.:peace!:

Rooster

I have clients come by my home all the time. Never had a problem once.

For a 2.5 x 4' banner I'd tell the guy he pays for travel and meeting time at my shop rate or he can come and see me during my office hours.

Honestly, for projects that size, I quote them and move on. I have other clients to worry about and can't waste the time necessary to have a meeting over a sub $100 project. If he's got the time to waste on a meeting for a single banner then he's not going to be bringing you a lot of work.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I've been meaning to start topic on this subject for a while. It's good to see that other shops with a retail location have this problem. I like the idea of scheduling all of the visits on one day each week.

Billct2

It's a judgement call made from experience, the current schedule, the person's demeanor/information, where they are, the weather, my mood and whether I need to get out of the shop. With the advent of the interent, having some one emaila pic and description is pretty stanard option though.