• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you handle phone quote requests?

Mosh

Here is a reality check...most calls for a "rap" are tire kicking, no money, been watching too much American Chopper guys. They are not looking for advertising, they are just looking for a "wrap" cause putting a "sticker" on the the truck will be cool and...well will be cool. You will WASTE more time f'ing with these tatoooed baffoons unless you just tell them up front a wrap, with design time is $3500-$5,000. Don't waste your time on walk in dip wads, trust me I have been doing this since 1988!

AND yes, when you are 97, like my Grandpa you WILL think your TAT was stupid, just ask ANY 97 year old with a tat, cause I hear it all the time from him and his other OLD buddies!!!!
(glad I don't have a tat)

Speedsterbeast

AND yes, when you are 97, like my Grandpa you WILL think your TAT was stupid, just ask ANY 97 year old with a tat, cause I hear it all the time from him and his other OLD buddies!!!!
(glad I don't have a tat)[/QUOTE]

Maybe there is a market for us for temporary tattoos. You know "Gir R Done" and "No Fear" etc.
Make sure to use some lam. though

CheapVehicleWrap

You will WASTE more time f'ing with these tatoooed baffoons unless you just tell them up front a wrap, with design time is $3500-$5,000. Don't waste your time on walk in dip wads, trust me I have been doing this since 1988!

This PROVES that either Mosh's account has been hacked or he's being held at gunpoint to type realistic numbers.

And not for nutin, if a walk-in wrap prospect entered my farm in Iowa/Nebraska; I'd consider them pre-qualified. But that's just me.

cartoad

Wow, great ideas, work work some more on the script, will modify yours Tech, yes if it is a large job I go out to see them, most however are just one and ask for an exact price. We tell them again that it depends on what they want, want to accomplish, and with them and the vehicle here we can discuss lots of options to arrive at a price. A number say they just want a price, so if I cave and say can range in 2,000 and up, thats usually the end of it. High guess or low, usually same result no sale. As for the $85 wrap, well I have talked to folks who think a set of magnets are a "wrap".

Techman

We tell them again that it depends on what they want, want to accomplish

Never use the "D" word
Never use the "P" word.
Never use the "H" word.

Don't even got there because it will cause the potential client to glaze over to the point you may never recover.

The "D" word depends.. is a known turn off in a sales script.
The "P" word = policy. When some one says its "our policy" then you can bet the potential client will feel put off.. Guaranteed!
The "H" word = have a seat. Now he will feel like being in the principals office. His mood will change to indifferent.

Years ago I spent a couple of thousand at a marketing/sales seminar. I was doing my role playing and was immediately flogged when I said I wanted to change the script.

I still hear the words rining in my mind..
"Who the hell are you to change the script? This company spent a fortune learning the key words and you want to come along and change it."

You have to use a script that is designed to take a a specific action.
that is why we don't even go to the "D" word.
IE:
"We have a wide range of wraps to fit most needs. Can I get your name?"
Is the pivot" You are going one direction then suddenly pivot to another. It takes their mind off money and on to your personal relationship..

If they insist on talking money your question is;; Is the price your only consideration for this project? IF is it then you walk away from it. You profiled him and he does not meet your bizz model. Walk away from it or you are wasting your time.

Locals Find!

I would have to say a lot of people looking for figures are trying to find out if they can actually afford to do a wrap. Those on tight budgets or needing to get permission from someone of higher authority. Usually are the ones asking for numbers. The general public has no clue what a wrap will cost or should cost.

Whenever, I have to quote something like a wrap I tell people its going to be between x and y. However, your price will be adjusted based on your actual needs. If you want a more accurate quote lets set up a time to meet and discuss your needs.

If they just back away, you know you have just exceeded the figure they have in their head they can afford. So, move on and don't worry about it. I would rather waste 2 minutes on the phone then 30 minutes talking to a customer to find out they don't have the money to pay for the job.