• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do you hem mesh banner

mark galoob

i am quoting 4 3' x 60' mesh banners. ive never printed mesh banner before...can i use regular banner hem tape...grommets ever 2'

mark galoob

drive

We outsource it to an awning company that sews the hems up for us. We get a choice of colors on the "tape" they use that has made a nice impact on a couple jobs

NolaSignGuy

at our shop we use the double stick banner tape, then our sewing department stitches the sides all around to ensure the integrity of the banner with nylon webbing. No complaints in 15 years of doing it this way.

Tim Aucoin

Banner Tape - It may collect dirt, but its a banner. What do they expect.

It won't collect dirt if you take a big sewing needle and poke out all the holes where the adhesive is exposed! Takes a heck of a lot of time, but WOW it sure makes the banner more profitable if your customer will pay say $1 per hole! :rolleyes:

mark galoob

my customer said they would only go .25 cents per hole punched...i figure thats worth an extra 30k...

thanks for all the insight on this thread...

mark galoob