• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do you hold up your material roll?

bigben

Hi, I would like to have your idea of how do you hold your material roll in storage? Right now i use masking tape, but sometime it let some glue residue on the material.

So what do you do?

Ben

idsignsil

If you are talking about material for digital printing, we use velcro straps. All of the various supply houses have their own type. If it is material that is just cut vinyl, we use 1" wide transfer tape. It will still leave some residue if left on to long, but you can just wipe it off.

phototec

I use Velcro strips, made my own, purchased 1/2" wide black two sided (male one side -female other side) Velcro in a roll at Wally World (cheap), cut into 18" and 24" lengths to use on different size rolls. Easy one - easy off, no residue.

:smile:

AutoGraphx

Home Depot sells 1/4" wide roll of green velcro for holding up tomatoes. I just cut it into lengths to go around the roll.

jrsc

I also use the sooper clips from grimco. used tape for long time and it always left residue and always fell off. I held off on buying the sooper clips because of the price but now I wish I had a long time ago. one hand on and off and never falls off on its own.

phototec

I use those "Sooper Clips" from Grimco or Fellers. I kind of felt like a tool buying them, but I don't have time to screw around making my own. They actually work well for almost everything (except full rolls of banner).

Just buy them and move on to your next Signs101 question. :)

http://www.grimco.com/Products.aspx?cid=0978&pid=13562

Takes no TIME to make your own, because you don't actually make anything, get the roll of Velcro, and cut off a piece, that's it, nothing to it! Takes about 10 seconds.

The Velcro tie straps don't coast anywhere near as much as the plastic clips.

The Velcro tie straps never leave a mark on the vinyl like the clips do when pushing them on and pulling them off.

The Velcro tie straps never break like the plastic clips can if you try and force them on to a large roll.

The Velcro tie straps fits virtually any size roll, including large rolls of banner material, you need to order different size like the plastic clips.

:rock-n-roll:

fozzie

Not a fan of super clips. Found out on vinyl and lam the ends will dig into the material and you damage 3-5' of material. Switched to Velcro.

gabagoo

I just use a piece of masking tape at the top end where we never print, and if you use a 3m, more than likely you wont get residue unless it has been on for a while