• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you keep it all together????

twobros

Newbie here, but have been lurking for awhile.

My problem in the past 6 months is keeping all of my order / quote requests together. For example, I have people that send me an order or important questions via email, text message, Facebook / business Facebook page, and Twitter....

It has become a problem for me trying to keep it all straight. Anyone else have the same problems? I'm glad we're really busy right now, but I'm afraid I'm going to drop the ball and honestly it's stressing me out quite a bit worrying about it.

twobros

Hire a secretary or someone with organizing skills.

I have that already, along with 6 employees, but I'm talking more about keeping all the different avenues of people requestinig orders or information in line. I don't think giving my secretary the task of checking my emails, text messages, facebook messages, facebook page posts, and twitter messages is something I want done - that just dumps it all on her.

JBusch260

Get a file cabinet with ALL clients, pertinent emails that are printed out (if you can't search on your email system specifically), further more, streamline your incoming requests. If you get requests from Facebook and your website, get them to into your email. Get all of the information in one place, and back it up for your records.

SignProPlus-Chip

Sounds like you may have too many avenues of communication available to your clients.

All business correspondence should be through proper channels.

Don't let clients run rampant by asking questions via text, facebook, or your personal phone.

You have a business phone and e-mail, make sure they use it. If they can send a text or post on Facebook, they can send an e-mail just as easily.

We use page pockets/work order travelers here. Everything for a job goes in their along with the work order and proof. Hand written notes, survey info etc... All in one spot.

Z SIGNS

What I do is ignore most requests and only focus my efforts on whats important.Trying to answer every requests from shoppers will drive you nuts.

Pat Whatley

I funnel everything to my email account. Someone sends me a request on facebook I immediately email it to myself then respond to them with email. Text message...email. Scribbled note stuck under my windshield wiper....email. Very, very rarely do I get someone who goes back to facebook or text messaging after I respond with email.

tattoo.dan

I funnel everything to my email account. Someone sends me a request on facebook I immediately email it to myself then respond to them with email. Text message...email. Scribbled note stuck under my windshield wiper....email. Very, very rarely do I get someone who goes back to facebook or text messaging after I respond with email.

Yup! :)

twobros

I do forward most of my non email messages / orders to my email. I'm NOT going to tell someone that orders something "sorry, you have to email that to me" That just seems rude to me. I know this is part of my problem but feel that if someone wants to do business with me using any one of the avenues I've created, I am the one that needs to deal with it.

We use the job jackets and do put EVERYTHING in that jacket and that does help, but I don't always have that with me....

Maybe I'm being too picky, but was hoping someone out there was using some type of software that could be used to collaborate all of this into one place. Good suggestions so far though .

JBusch260

SignTracker and Cyrious are ones that we've been trying out. SignTracker was great, but I think we're opting for Cyrious. Both let you type your jobs into their database. Check out information on those and see if that will be of any help to you.

tattoo.dan

We've tried signtracker and signvox...have been using trello for 3 months now and love it...plus we hired a secretary as well. i throw all my notes at her in between working and she enters them in trello and keeps it all up to date. so far so good