• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you know if a damper is bad?

chrisx28

Just got a new maintainance station because my M stopped printing than a few days later so did CYK so i called sign warehouse and he suggested a bad station and i just got it in today. Now before I take the leap of replacment is there a way to tell if a damper is bad? I can pull ink from all dampers but after I do the ink flows back a few inches followed by an air bubble. Each color has 2 dampers do I need to pull ink from both at the same time? Thanks Guys...

Chris

I guess I should have added that there is no ink flow at all like im getting a piss poor seal or no seal, the capping station is not clogged and I can get strikes on a nozzle check from the remaining ink in the dampers.

Ghost Prophet

For future reference: No you don't need to pull ink from both dampers on each color at the same time. :p

If you have a bad damper one color should start looking like shit, not all of them.