• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you lose 3 banners?

Tim Aucoin

Did I mention that I love when The Calgary Stampede comes around? :Big Laugh

Here's an email chat I just had with a customer this last hour (same one I did the window signs for)... I had e-mailed her to tell her all the window decals were installed...
Note: this person (Charis) was our Graphic Designer for 8 years. She quit to travel for 6 months (her mom won the lottery), and when she came back, she went to work for our customer as Marketing Coordinator. She's brought tons of work our way since...

Customer reply:
You rule. Darcy was so happy. I've put the word out for you for parade day!

Umm....how busy is the large format? I just got back from the tent and some idiot lost a few banners...After I put them in a special place and everything. Let me know. Bahhhh!!
My response:
Get 'em to me right away.
Customer reply:
I need 3 of these pls - 48" x 168" (Approx. doesn't have to be exact if your material is a bit shorter.)

Grommets, hemmed. Do you think we could get 2 at least for tomorrow?

I SUCK.
I can print them today and finish in the morning. Nothing is impossible with me as you know, right? I'm all about charging for the service!!
I'll start printing right away. Luckily I brought in lots of banner material for this year JUST IN CASE!!!!
Customer reply:
Bahaha! I think I love you today!! Charge as you will hee hee
So, the banners are printing right now... all 3 will be printed in 2 hours or so. They'll get all 3 tomorrow. Cha-ching... there's another $1500 because someone lost some banners and I had to "rush" them!!! :Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb:

Must be a Canadian thing. That kinda chit never happens down here..... heck we never even lose our door keys to the shop............... :doh:

Tim Aucoin

:thumb:

Must be a Canadian thing. That kinda chit never happens down here..... heck we never even lose our door keys to the shop............... :doh:

Actually, it's really a Stampede time of year thing! These bars & restaurants go absolutely NUTS this time of year. If you can believe it, they make around 60% of their annual revenues during the 10 days of the Calgary Stampede!!! :omg2:
All of their printing is a rush, and they do TONS of it this time of year. Everything from business cards to banners. We happen to be the supplier of choice for some of the big bars here in the city. :Big Laugh Funny thing is they have a YEAR to prepare, cause they KNOW it's coming around every July. Still, everything is a last minute rush!! :doh: We're prepared... they are not. They profit big time from increased cover charges and the bazillion gallons of alcohol they sell... we profit from their disorganization! So, I guess you could say it's a win-win situation! :clapping: Not too shabby for our little 3 person operation!

Tim Aucoin

Yep! Just gonna start the finishing on the third banner. Should be done in a half hour. Other two are all ready to go! Service with a $mile! :smile: