• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you present artwork to your customer?

Rickey J

I have been wondering how other sign shops present design/artwork to the customer? Such as a car wrap design or banner design etc. so the customer can view it. Example do you print it out so the customer has a copy of it in hand and if so what other information do you put along with it and how is it presented? Or do you email it and how do you present that? I am wanting to make or make sure I am puting forth my best effort to sell the job to my customer and go above and beyond there expectations. I belive in this economy you have to put customer service first and go a step above.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I give 'em the full package, high-res photos along with all the vectors, just in case they find a better deal elsewhere....

Not!

Seriously, I think low-res photos and un-editable PDF's (rasterized) are the only way to go. Anything more that that invites trouble. If somebody is going to copy your design, at least make them work for it.

You can still show them the high resolution rendering in your shop, but don't let anything out the door that could potentially come back to haunt you.

Jim

HulkSmash

this

Attachments

• Eagle Claw Revised Sign Proof.jpg
    Eagle Claw Revised Sign Proof.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 58

inthesignbiz

On-Line Art Approval.

The customer is given a Customer number
that they enter on our site.

From that page, they can approve or make changes.

WildWestDesigns

picture.php

picture.php

That's how I do it for the embroidery patterns. Typically they are only on one jpg, but this pattern was for a jacket back, so it was a much bigger pattern.

inthesignbiz

That sounds cool. Can they save photographs from the web page?

JB

They can, they are low resolution .jpgs.

The benefit to emailing them is that:

They have to visit our site to get to it.
They can pull it up from anywhere that they have Internet access.
They feel special because they get their own Customer number.

It's a simple java script that will look for their number.
I upload the artwork to a folder on the site.
for the example below, http://www.inthesign.biz/216

I send them an email like so:

Barbara,

To view your sign design, visit our web site
http://www.inthesign.biz
Click On-Line Art Approval and enter
Customer number 216.

Thanks and let us know!!

It ain't fancy, but it works.

laserman70

Barbara,

Customer number 216.

Thanks and let us know!!

Would love to know how to do this on our webpages.
If you could give details, I am sure we all would be thankful.
:cool1:

showcase 66

picture.php

picture.php

That's how I do it for the embroidery patterns. Typically they are only on one jpg, but this pattern was for a jacket back, so it was a much bigger pattern.

I think I have seen that design before :thumb: Jacket turned out good too.

Pretty much anymore, if I am meet with the client face to face, the design is on my iPad. Made a stylus for it and if any changes are talked about, i can draw them on the image itself. Works pretty good. As long as you save it. Did that once. Once we talk about it I email them a low resolution of the work. If they approve the design, they sign my iPad and they receive a copy in there email.

Worked great so far.

Locals Find!

Barbara,

Customer number 216.

Thanks and let us know!!

Would you mind sharing the script with us? I too would be interested.

ncpdfsb

i dont use this for wraps of any kind but "pudding" works well.....

"mmmm...pudding" its free but dont forget to hit the donate button.

http://puddingpdf.com/

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pudding is a program that will capture screen-shot images from your graphics or signmaking software, resize to fit a standard (or non-standard) page and produce a PDF file. You do not need a copy of Adobe Acrobat or any other software to produce the PDF files.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Sending proofs of your artwork can be a risky business. Pudding only utilizes screen quality bitmap images - perfectly adequate for most proofs - and no vectors for your competition to extract or use. Additionally, the image can be watermarked to help prevent copying.
The proof is formatted using a customizable template that can include information such as copyright notices, your company details, etc.
The resulting PDF file can be saved, printed out or sent straight away using your default email program.
Did I mention it's FREE? :wavingflag:

[/FONT]

Zakk

Very professional looking, I like it, BUT there is one major potential problem that I see from a legal standpoint (not that I am an attorney). I know it is not your intention, and I completely get what you mean, but the form says that once they sign it, they own it. It says nothing about paying for it.

inthesignbiz

Would you mind sharing the script with us? I too would be interested.

Ain't no thing.

The script that finds the customer number is

<form onSubmit="window.location=this.url.value;return false;">
#<input type=text name=url size=20">
<input type="submit" value="Customer Number"
name="B1" style="BACKGROUND:#101010; COLOR:#F9F7F7; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal; FONT-WEIGHT: normal">
</form>

I created a template, saved it as an index.html file in a folder that in this case is 216.

I have several of these and tend to recycle them after a period of time and the job is way past completed.

FYI, the email subject line in the php script is set to "On-Line Art Approval Customer number #216" so I know how is responding to what.

Hope this helps.

Locals Find!

Ain't no thing.

The script that finds the customer number is

<form onSubmit="window.location=this.url.value;return false;">
#<input type=text name=url size=20">
<input type="submit" value="Customer Number"
name="B1" style="BACKGROUND:#101010; COLOR:#F9F7F7; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-VARIANT: normal; FONT-WEIGHT: normal">
</form>

I created a template, saved it as an index.html file in a folder that in this case is 216.

I have several of these and tend to recycle them after a period of time and the job is way past completed.

FYI, the email subject line in the php script is set to "On-Line Art Approval Customer number #216" so I know how is responding to what.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for sharing. That is great. You just made a fairly stressful day. Worth while. :U Rock:

SignaramaFL

We just have a template in Flexi that we apply that adds the design in the middle. And all of this is of course sent at a low-res JPEG.

inthesignbiz, would you mind if I gave that a try as a way of proofing. I like the concept, and of course when the customer feels special, its better for everyone ;)

inthesignbiz

We just have a template in Flexi that we apply that adds the design in the middle. And all of this is of course sent at a low-res JPEG.

inthesignbiz, would you mind if I gave that a try as a way of proofing. I like the concept, and of course when the customer feels special, its better for everyone ;)

Ain't nothin but a samich.
(I don't even know what that means, just say it all the time)

Feel free to use it :thumb:.